a million homes with solar panels by 2015

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/10529090/Solar-panels-on-half-a-million-homes-by-end-of-the-year.html
(you have to read the content to find the prediction )
tim
tim...... wrote:

I've had a solar panel on my calculator for ages ... does that count?
Owain

Solar panel news here:- http://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/news/list
They must be getting desperate as one company rang me yesterday despite me being on the tpa. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"tim......" <tims_new snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Could have been worse - you could have been on the toilet. (smiley)
Owain
On 19/12/2013 21:57, tim...... wrote:

I doubt mine will be among them, despite the roof needing to be replaced soon. However, as I am not dogmatic, I will still run the figures, to see whether it has suddenly become more attractive than investing the money.
Colin Bignell

You missed the boat by years by being pig headed.
On 21/12/2013 09:50, harryagain wrote:

My money has been better used elsewhere, but you don't seem to understand discounted cash flow or that you can do better than a building society as an investment, so you may have problems accepting that. I will only be checking to see whether the situation has changed and solar panels are attractive now they are cheaper. They were not when I last looked.
Colin Bignell

The benefit is far less than it was two or three years ago. Unless you have no top limit on what you can afford to lay out and have a very large space available. Then it might pay.
On 21/12/2013 17:32, harryagain wrote:

Illogical - they are cheaper, and electricity is more expensive.
What you really mean, is that if he wanted to rape other energy users for subsidy, then he is too late.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 22/12/2013 15:41, John Rumm wrote:

The problem is Harry only thinks in terms of the subsidy and he also seems to think that it is impossible to get a reasonable return on capital without high risk, so he ignores the potential income from investing the money he spent on the PV panels instead.
As I said, I have yet to do the calculations. Now I am back from my Christmas and New Year break, I might find time to do so.
Colin Bignell