A little light relief

Why is it the packs of Tucs cheese biscuits invariably arrive broken or weakened such that they snap as the cheese is applied?
My guess is that shelf stackers play pass the parcel with them on the journey from warehouse to shelf.
--
Tim Lamb

On 08/11/2019 20:32, Tim Lamb wrote:

EU rules mean they can no longer use as much cardboard in the biscuit recipe.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Friday, 8 November 2019 20:32:33 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

You're not supposed to apply cheese directly to the Tuc biscuit. The force of doing that, as well as placing a Tuc against a flat or curved plate, will cause stresses within the biscuit structure leading to catastrophic fracture failure.
The correct technique is to:
(a) place the Tuc biscuit on a surface that will support the biscuit. A silicone baking sheet may be suitable.
(b) apply a layer of butter to the Tuc biscuit with a knife, ensuring that the film of butter always acts as a cushion between the knife and the biscuit.
(c) gently lower the cheese onto the top of the Tuc biscuit until surface tension of the butter film adheres to the cheese but the cheese does not apply force onto the Tuc biscuit.
Any Tucs that arrive already broken should be put aside and used as a crunchy toppping for macaroni cheese.
Owain

You never use butter, you barbarian.
On 09/11/2019 03:55, Rod Speed wrote:

You don't need butter if you squeeze the cheese from a tube.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 09/11/2019 08:21, alan_m wrote:

At last! Real American Cheese!
On 09/11/2019 09:08, Andy Bennet wrote:

Manufactured by Old Fashion Foods and it's "caffeine free"!
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 09/11/2019 09:34, alan_m wrote:

Fairly nutrition free too by some accounts. Love the 1 star reviews...
And I get the same issue with Ginger nuts, where they seem intact until you open the packet, then they turn to fragments. Brian
--
----- --

Ah. Long experience has taught me to gently tap any biscuit prior to dipping in a cup of tea:-)
--
Tim Lamb

That is done so that the weevils fall out - acording to CS Forrester.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Yes but, it also avoids the disaster of tea with biscuit sludge in the cup.

--
Tim Lamb

Its not just dipping though its just untidy leaving crumbs everywhere. I'm sure when they were in square packs with corrugated sides with the biscuits flat this never was an issue, its these almost skin tight unrecyclable plastic wrap packs that are vulnerable, as they get fractured due to their being nothing inside to cushion them when they get a mechanical shock.
Brian
--
----- --

I remember those packets, too. Same packets were used for Lincoln and Royal Scot biscuits. Haven't seen either of those for years.
--
Graeme

On 08/11/2019 21:43, Tim Lamb wrote:

I select the packet that is NOT at the front of the shelf.
These are ones that staff and customers have more likely to have dropped on the floor and then replaced on the shelf :-)

Cheese on ginger nuts, that is different ;-)
On 09/11/2019 08:56, Brian Reay wrote:

Cheese on Bourbons is nice once in a while.
Steve

Fark, even worse barbarian.
On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 13:58:00 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

Sounds like a variation of one of my favourites - a good quality blue cheese on a dark chocolate digestive biscuit.

I’ll take your word for it. I like those Hovis biscuits with cheese.