No timer on HW/CH system?

Combi boiler in a flat with just a room stat in the lounge (from what I can see).
Can you get (at a reasonable cost) a simple Clock / timer stat for such circumstances and if so, would / could they be battery powered, assuming the stat isn't currently fed by mains?
Cheers, T i m
On Friday, 8 November 2019 18:14:27 UTC, T i m wrote:

Programmable thermostat. £29 + VAT
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMTRT035.html
battery powered, contacts are changeover volt-free
Owain
On 08/11/2019 19:04, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

And the timer for the HW? (sorry Tim I am politely taking the piss - no offence meant)
--
Adam

On 08/11/2019 19:28, ARW wrote:

Its a cpmbi boiler with hot water on demand?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

I think Adam was trying to be funny. I put HW/CH in the title because the boiler does both so I threw that in *in case* there was some special reason there wasn't a timer for the CH already.
Like a fridge needing the heat of an incandescent lamp or a boiler coming on on it's own to prevent freezing etc.
Cheers, T i m
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 11:29:55 UTC, T i m wrote:

Mine's got LEDs :-)
Modern boilers will have a frost stat internally but if yours doesn't you can check the instructions for that prog stat to see if it does.
Owain
On 09/11/2019 11:29, T i m wrote:

You are talking bollocks:-)
--
Adam

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 16:26:00 +0000, ARW

Care to dig any deeper?
Cheers, T i m
On 09/11/2019 22:50, T i m wrote:

Can I borrow your spade?
--
Adam

On 10/11/2019 06:59, ARW wrote:

He'll call it a fork.
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:20:05 +0000, Richard

Aww Dicky, you are *soo* funny!
Seeing as you have jumped onto the bandwagon (/thrown yourself under the bus more like), care to explain why Adam might think either of the statements above were bollox? (Unless 'a cpmbi boiler' is an actual thing?)
Cheers, T i m
On 10/11/2019 10:08, T i m wrote:

I politely took the piss.
But can I borrow your fork?
--
Adam

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:53:23 +0000, ARW

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:12:59 +0000, ARW

But you still fail to state exactly what it was about it that you *thought* was a misunderstanding about combi's?
In case you have forgotten what I wrote exactly, then here it is:
"No timer on HW/CH system?
Combi boiler in a flat with just a room stat in the lounge (from what I can see).
Can you get (at a reasonable cost) a simple Clock / timer stat for such circumstances and if so, would / could they be battery powered, assuming the stat isn't currently fed by mains?"
Tell me how that question is any more 'stupid' than many other posts here that you don't feel the need to (try to) 'take the piss out of' (your own admittance)?
Cheers, T i m
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:38:08 +0000, ARW

And if they do, that they trace the caller.
But let's face it, you can be confrontational / insulting on here and I dare say publish / show your phone number so it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to jump on this conversation and prank you.
But yes, I'd get it checked out, in case it isn't. ;-(
Cheers, T i m
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 20:19:50 +0000, ARW

Ok, well it's obvious you are either not Adam and are being spoofed or are and have lost the plot. ;-(
Given you can't seem to state exactly what you thought worthy of *you* taking the piss out of me for, I'll leave you to it.
Cheers, T i m
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 06:59:09 +0000, ARW

Sure, I'm not using it. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 10/11/2019 09:55, T i m wrote:

I doubt you have finished with it.
--
Adam

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:41:14 +0000, ARW

Oh, I'm sure you are right, but not needed on this job. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 10/11/2019 15:48, T i m wrote:

Do you need some help where to store it?
--
Adam