Room stat for CH system

Hi,

My sister-in-law has a central heating system (hot water tank and rads) but there's no room thermostat (well none that we can visibly see). Can this be true? Is it easy to wire one in?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

Yes it can be true. The system could be one of many configurations. However, a complete control overhaul may be required, especially if there is currently gravity circulated water. She may not have a thermostat on the hot water, leading to immense gas bills and dangerous scalding hot water.

Unfortunately, we can't advise the best solution, as we have insufficient knowledge of the system. In particular, the type of boiler, pumping/gravity arrangements, zone valves, electronic controls, etc. You may need to investigate these items and say what you find.

You could start by listing the make and model of the boiler, the number of zone valves, the location of the pump and the number of pipes coming from the boiler, then we can indicate where further investigation is required.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Depends what the system is. If it's a solid fuel boiler with gravity circulation of both HW and CH, there ain't much that a stat could do!

You need to provide more details of the system - fuel used, whether HW gravity or pumped, what zone or diverter valves (if any) are fitted, etc.

Reply to
Set Square