No timer on HW/CH system?

The default is 7 dog but you can set it to whatever you like, it is just like one of the normal setting periods.

ROTFL

In a flat yes. We have cavity wall insulation (when the house was built) and good loft insulation etc.

I think so.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I'm sure there are mains powered programmable stats. I've never seen one yet, they all had 1 or 2 AA cells to power the stat electronics and a latching relay.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Oh, I'm sure you are right, but not needed on this job. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Understood.

So (if we were to go the Hive style way) we would need the Hive Hub, the Receiver that presumably would go where the old thermostat was (or re-connect it back near the boiler) and the Hive thermostat that would go somewhere else in the lounge if the existing hole was taken up by the receiver or on the hole if we put the receiver elsewhere?

Looks like it's £179 for d-i-y and you get a free Amazon Echo Dot (that I presume you can use to control the heating without buying anything extra)?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. In our scenario we now need to cover the needs of a 'yoot' who often spends quite a bit of time in her own room. The CH system is 'old skool' where there is only one thermostat in the lounge and so if said 'yoot' has her door shut, then her room can get too hot / cold.

Reply to
T i m

Do you need some help where to store it?

Reply to
ARW
<snip>

And you think it will fit in your mouth?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's not me that is talking shit.

Reply to
ARW

I'm still not sure it is as you have yet to explain yourself?

I don't think you can. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

But you still fail to state exactly what it was about it that you

*thought* was a misunderstanding about combi's?

In case you have forgotten what I wrote exactly, then here it is:

"No timer on HW/CH system?

Combi boiler in a flat with just a room stat in the lounge (from what I can see).

Can you get (at a reasonable cost) a simple Clock / timer stat for such circumstances and if so, would / could they be battery powered, assuming the stat isn't currently fed by mains?"

Tell me how that question is any more 'stupid' than many other posts here that you don't feel the need to (try to) 'take the piss out of' (your own admittance)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

And if they do, that they trace the caller.

But let's face it, you can be confrontational / insulting on here and I dare say publish / show your phone number so it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to jump on this conversation and prank you.

But yes, I'd get it checked out, in case it isn't. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Ok, well it's obvious you are either not Adam and are being spoofed or are and have lost the plot. ;-(

Given you can't seem to state exactly what you thought worthy of *you* taking the piss out of me for, I'll leave you to it.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m