A different form of renewable energy

Somebody is taking the piss:

Nightjar

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 00:48:30 +0000, Nightjar Somebody is taking the piss:

Slashed my energy costs....

Reply to
David

On 06/03/2015 00:48, Nightjar

It would be nice to know a bit more about the technology. They talk about microbes and fuel cell; I didn't think there was much to digest in Number 1's, although Number 2's are a different matter.

The cynic in me wonders whether the pee is just an electrolyte, and there's some dissimilar metals being consumed in there somewhere.

Reply to
newshound

That was my assumption before they mentioned microbes. Mind you, it shouldn't take somebody 14 years to develop an electrolytic cell using what is essentially a solution of salt.

Reply to
Nightjar

They will almost certainly be converting the urea content to ammonia but how they harness the energy from the microbes is unclear. I can't see any other source of energy except sugars from a few diabetics.

Reply to
Martin Brown