A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

Do you (pandemics permitting) go to pubs, clubs, marrow growing competitions, churches or other places where you meet people not of your family or close acquaintance at which you find yourself in discussion with people face to face?

If so, do you similarly turn the discussion time and again to the necessity of veganism and the stupidity of anyone who disagrees?

Reply to
Robin

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

Actually that's not a bad idea. If everyone kill files the troll he can rant at himself.

Reply to
bert

Having been through your anti-meat-eating veganist-conditioning exercise when very young, I'd have to say it doesn't work. I'm having a vegan pizza tonight, balanced with added cheese and chicken. The morality is that we are at the very top of the food chain. Get over it.

Anyone who has seen the opening 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan, and watched the occasional TV programme dealing with slaughterhouses, won't have an issue, though snowflakes and veganists might.

Reply to
Spike

Even more importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for you to write it in the first place, in a DIY group.

Reply to
Spike

I might go into a pub if it's continent and now smoking isn't allowed but I don't go 'to' pubs in general.

Not really. We did try both our motorcycle marque clubs but were forced out be smokers not following the rules and risking the use of the venue for everyone.

I dislike most of that family of vegetable and don't currently grow any veg either (mostly because of other peoples cats).

Again, only if visiting somewhere and it's part of the list of things to see (largest, smallest, thatched, floating etc).

Of course. I went out for a walk with the dog, Mrs and niece yesterday (about 7 miles) and had several chats with several people and some of them fairly extended. One chap actually got off his bike and walk with us and took my number re an electronic speed controller for his electric outboard motor.

Of course, often and did yesterday. In the case of yesterday the two longest conversations (30+ mins) included points re animal suffering (everone in agreement and both were already either rarely eating and even rarer buying meat) and another was the guy in the corner shop where over a few days we had bought out his vegan ice cream stocks and the discussion around what other vegan offerings might be available. He is looking into it when at the suppliers today, as did an independent ice cream van where he too went and got vegan ice creams for us and said he was selling them to others as well after that.

I would rarely call someone who 'disagrees' with the idea of not causing animals to suffer and die stupid but cruel because that's the official name for them?

If they didn't realise they were causing animals to die (as is often the case with eggs and milk) then I wouldn't call them stupid either but ignorant (or such matters) just as I was to some degree (It was Tim Lamb that put me onto the fact that they macerate millions of live male chicks ever year for example).

See, decent discussion is a two way thing and I've learn a lot about both the processes involved in the meat / egg / dairy industries from conversations here and even more about people and how typically caring and animal protecting people can be conditioned to do the exact opposite when the process is sufficiently remote / hidden from them.

Most people 'now' that cow has to die to provide them 'beef' but few ever consider the details surround it, let alone being able to watch it without being physically sick or traumatised and very very few could actually do it themselves if that was required.

If they couldn't do it themselves (because it means taking the life of an animal, even if it was a remote controlled button), why should they delegate that to some other human when it's the consequences not the actual process that's really the issue?

HTH.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Along with *every* OT discussion here of course (and many are OT but not marked as such. Few seem to care as much about that as they do the mention of not causing animals unnecessary pain, suffering and death).

However, most of the triva discussed here has little impact on anyone else, whereas say IC vehicle pollution, livestock pollution or nuclear fallout contamination can impact millions if not everyone.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It would be so much easier for everyone to killfile you, knowing that your lies will be corrected by others. If their message filter kills the sub-thread then they don't even have to see the replies.

Reply to
Fredxx

+1!

Hopefully you will lead the way (and all of your socks etc).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Does this mean if Bert killfiles you'll stop your fanatical rants?

Is this another lie?

Reply to
Fredxx

Your posts within this thread are not marked OT. They could be as already pointed out to you.

I keep mentioning it, though I'm sure you'd rather I didn't. Why don't you support campaigns to improve animal welfare?

Have you signed this:

Or this:
Did you sign this one?

A necessary event if we are to eat a natural balanced diet.

Most of your posts involve lies, not trivia.

Are you expecting a nuclear war?

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture">

It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read anything more from or in response to you. Bye.

Reply to
Robin

That is a constant of the universe. It's why T r o l l is in everyone's killfile.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The solution is simple. You just don't see the bigger picture.

As you hint at in your comment on IC vehicles, you could do the same with livestock. That is, have no livestock at all in this country, just import the meat from another country, thereby exporting the alleged pollution there - in exact parallel to electric vehicles (the pollution from mining, processing, and manufacture of the batteries, etc takes elsewhere), while the goody-two-shoes like you say "Aren't out cars pollution-free!". Ditto the electricity generators to power these electric vehicles.

If you're expecting a nuclear war, then none of this matters, of course. Three weeks after Nuclear Armageddon, you'll be hunting rats to eat, after dining on your dog, and killing your fellow man to do so. You've seen enough videos on how to do it, so you will have an advantage.

Reply to
Spike

Shame you couldn't understand a very simple, honest and real world answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.

Byeee!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Quite. Given how obviously fascinated with my life they are you would have thought they would be bright enough to keep up. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That only works if you add the OT each time you start the sermon - and not just on new threads.

Reply to
John Rumm

If you stop posting lies you wouldn't feel so much in denial when they're shown to be utterly fallacious.

I wouldn't call it trolling, correcting your lies and putting them into perspective.

Trolling is your department.

You're not in my killfile when it is my duty to correct your obsessive fanaticism of telling lies.

Reply to
Fredxx

Shame, just means more work for the rest of us.

Reply to
Fredxx

We've already guessed you wouldn't be a sociable animal in real life.

Reply to
Fredxx

Doesn't work for you maybe.

Plenty of other non animal things you could have added to that to make it 'balanced'.

Only by the virtual of our ability to use tools / weapons. I would

*love* to see you go 1 to 1 with even a chimp with just the tools you were born with.

I don't need to get over anything as I'm the one who's actions are aligned with my morals. I know yours are *very* confused as you can't decide which animals to cause suffering and death to and which not.

Bullshit. Massive difference between what we see on TV and what we encounter in real life. Unless you are one of those that watch a Batman film and then think you can fly?

Ah, people with the ability to show compassion and benevolence, don't want to promote antibiotic resistance, risk zoonotic pandemics, create unnecessarily levels of pollution and maintain a sustainable food supply ... and not consider themselves a God you mean?

Keep stamping on those chickens!

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Have we missed where you have told us why you don't eat cows and sheep but do eat chickens?

Reply to
T i m