9" angle grinder with a diamond blade that is stuck on.

Cheap tools, never get the quality, did you buy it somewhere that sells food?

Reply to
dennis

Would you trust a disk that has been clamped in a vice?

10k RPM and damaged disks don't go together well.
Reply to
dennis

Yes, always tighten them properly by hand first. If you allow the rotation to do it for you, the nut "slams" tight and will show a distinct tendency to jam.

This isn't a huge problem with =A350 mangle grinders and consumable blades (you can afford to be destructive, if you have to). On $500+ cabinet saws with =A350 blades and more inertia involved, it's a real problem.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

If you're changing a diamond one chances are it's because it's worn out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Half the cost of the stolen one it replaced, though.

I think the lock was inadvertently operated while the m/c was in use. Probably trying to get somewhere not really accessible.

Denting the thumb tip usually works.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

replying to Heliotrope Smith, Ausleered wrote: It's loosens the same direction as arrow on the grinder,and use an air impact

1/2" drive, while in table vice
Reply to
Ausleered

replying to Housemartin, Ausleered wrote: It's loosens the same direction as arrow on the grinder,and use an air impact

1/2" drive, while in table vice, my Diamabrush locked in like this and that's how I got it off
Reply to
Ausleered

This year is 2016 - that year was 2008 Duh! Another dumb homeowner

Reply to
Geo

replying to Ausleered, Bit Late, eh? wrote: You are replying to a newsgroup message lifted from the newsgroup uk.d-i-y, which was originally posted in 2008.

Reply to
Bit Late, eh?