Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Swansea Tidal Lagoon rejected
Not value for money. At last, someone is beginning to see sense when it comes to the cost of renewables. or The UK Government has concluded the lagoon proposals do not offer value for money The UK...
154
154

Rolson manual ratchet puller
In today's heat, I've just had to give up trying to pull this boat out of the front hedge using a rope tied to a tree and the Rolson 4-ton puller. Basically, I couldn't get the cable to unwind to a...

Need glue suggestions to repair concrete roof tile.
How much is broken? Is it just a corner or is it almost half of it. I remember many years ago seeing somebody do this with a product by Dow Corning called Urethane Bond, if it still exists. It even...
20
20

Cordless mower
For some years I have been happy mowing my smallish lawns, with quite convoluted edges with a Rotak 34. Since I built a pergola in the middle of my back garden I have made my task rather more trying....
15
15

CU for HMO
Current fusebox has several fuseways each feeding a meter then a 2 way fuse box which powers each rented room. Plan is a new CU & new secondary 2 way C Us, the meters will be retained. The question is...
70
70

Redlight flashing and alarm sounding
I?ve just bought a second hand Bosch frost free upright freezer GSU24942GB. I?ve allowed it to stand for 24 hrs. I?ve switched it on and it?s working but there?s a beeping sound and a flashing red...
2
2

Shed Roof Felt
After about 30 years the shed roof needs re-felting - one side has slipped due to the wind and sun. Originally it was nailed with galvanised nails. Where it was nailed it has now torn. Is there a...
11
11

Converting a lock to thumbturn
I've recently changed a Euro cylinder in a back door to one with a thumb turn on the inside so that the occupants can get out more easily in the event of fire and this set me wondering about some...
3
3

Wallpaper seams
I need to stick down some wallpaper seams abouve a radiator. Not keep on the special stuff as it is quite thick and makes a ridge. Any recommendations? I assume ordinary paste may not soak into the...
2
2

Electric shock - why?
I'm after a bit of advice as to why I've just got an electric shock. i have an old but quality lathe with a seperate switch with on/off buttons. The switch has a metal case. The live wire from the...
12
12

Ebay again
Sorry to raise this again, and even more sorry not to have anything positive to say, but......... I'm afraid that my previous message here about alternatives to ebay threw up nothing that got me...
21
21

Blanket weed
Is there a 100% cure for blankit weed in a garden pond
11
11

Renewing grout between shower tiles
The waterproof grout between our shower tiles needs renewing. I remember doing a small area behind the kitchen cooker once, and it was a night-mare of a job. I bought a hand tool from off E-bay to...
9
9

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri fault?
The blue LED on our 24Ri started flashing earlier, at first quickly and then, later, slowly. It cleared when I reset the boiler but I'm interested to know what the two different flashing rates meant....
9
9

OT royal mail postage stamp being reused
I had a stamp stuck on an envelope that was not Franked and so thought had never been used. So i cut around it and stuck it to a new envelope and posted it. but i got a note from the post office that...
18
18