Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri fault?

The blue LED on our 24Ri started flashing earlier, at first quickly and then, later, slowly. It cleared when I reset the boiler but I'm interested to know what the two different flashing rates meant.

Mr Google hasn't been able of much help.

The boiler manual documents them; I downloaded it from WB a while ago.

Fast flash = 'volatile lockout'. Says: temperature sensor/connections, fan/cable/connections, code plug fitted. Slow flash (mostly off, flashes on) = Ignition lockout. Slow flash (mostly on, flashes off) = flue overheat; heat exchanger overheat; flue pressure switch.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Its a pity they don't actually put some proper labelled warning lights on these things. It all reminds me of the computer bleeping codes of old. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks. The version of the user manual I downloaded doesn't include that.

However, you prompted another search and I've now got the installation manual and that includes the details you found.

I should have said - that was the installation manual.

When the boiler was installed, it was very cold (!) and our local guy spent a week on a comprehensive job. Boiler, flush (each radiator by hand), new thermostatic valves, new pump, tidied up the mess of piping in the airing cupboard, etc... But he couldn't get a sparky, so I did it - downloaded the manual so I could get started before the boiler arrived.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The installer is meant to leave the installation manual with the customer.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes indeed, but when you think of the cost of a boiler and the possible damage if a warning is mis identified, the small costs involved in warnings that you do not have to go off and find a manual to identify would seem to be small and obvious. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff submitted this idea :

Or even better, an LCD display..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It will be in the instructions supplied with the boiler. RTFM, as they say.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are two separate manuals for that boiler, user manual and installation manual. The stuff about the lights is only in the installation manual. Now that *should* have been left by the installer, but in the OP's case it clearly wasn't.

Reply to
Bob Eager