Redlight flashing and alarm sounding

I’ve just bought a second hand Bosch frost free upright freezer GSU24942GB. I’ve allowed it to stand for 24 hrs. I’ve switched it on and it’s working but there’s a beeping sound and a flashing red light is this because it’s got to reach the required temp
On Sunday, 24 June 2018 18:44:04 UTC+1, Froggy French wrote:

SU24942GB.

and it’s

his because

I would expect so. You could always read the manual.
NT
Since they cannot find a decent way to post to Usenet, maybe the language in the manual is beyond them? Brian
--
----- --