Subject Author Posted Replies

Heating no circulation
A mostly old Y plan system.... Symptoms of dwindling circulation occurred, lower rads not heating, upstairs output tailing off then the system quit entirely. Boiler said dry fire error, it was filled...
22
22

OT: speed limiter regs in cars
So, you've probably all seen the news about the imminent introduction of automatic speed limit enforcement devices in vehicles. What I can't understand is why such a thing would be prioritised. Last...
62
62

Bicycles
Whenver I see (on TV) Dutch people cycling it always seems they are in a fairly high gear and it looks fairly effortless. The "sit up band beg" rising position seems at odds with ours. Is their bike...
9
9

OT: iPad 2 problem
This is probably not the best forum for posting this but I am always amazed at the scope of knowledge exhibited here, so here goes. My iPad suddenly stopped accessing t'internet and kept reporting no...
24
24

Ping Andy Bennet
Hi you sent me a personal reply but the return address was not functional. Yes, one of the issues I had with other companies except edf was they would not produce bills in an accessible way. I...

Design of workshop dust extraction ducting
I've finally got the appropriate tuit and am going to sort out the dust extraction (rather than just talking about doing it). The plan is to use a "shop vac", with a Dust Commander" cyclone, for the...
17
17

best fix
[IMG] plastic handle of rasp. Need to withstand normal use as woodrasp http://i67.tinypic.com/vinmnk.jpg/IMG http://i67.tinypic.com/vinmnk.jpg[/IMG] http://i67.tinypic.com/vinmnk.jpg[/IMG]
6
6

Recommendations for rotary seed and fertiliser spreaders?
I've had the AccuPro 2000 recommended for use on large lawns but the price is rather OTT for what the thing comprises. The cheap ones on fleabay and elsewhere seem to have plastic gears, plain...
9
9

How to seal a new CU (long)
In summary: a. is it still sufficient to seal a new, metal consumer unit to meet IP ratings without using intumescent glands or the like? b. is it worth adding something on this to the Wiki on...
13
13

OT Plastic water bottles give cancer???
The 79-year-old anchor, who has multiple myeloma, said he does not drink out of plastic water bottles anymore after a 'leading cancer researcher' suggested they are linked to cancer. The 79-year-old...
3
3

OT Built without planning permission
...In France. Chateau Diter, nestled among green hills and gardens between Monaco and Cannes, needs to be torn down because its tycoon owner failed to get planning permission before it was...
10
10

Lighting - the bane of my life
Following the bathroom lighting saga and lounge lighting saga (to be resolved next week - hopefully...), last night my bedside light would not come on. It's one of two lights, each with an inline...
12
12

Ceramic glass hob
Can they be cleaned with conc acid? Or caustic? Looking for an effective cleaner that'll tackle it all. NT
9
9

Lidl battery packs.
Some years ago, I bought the Lidl 18v combi drill, jigsaw and circular saw, all which use the same 18V 1.5 A/hr battery pack. And bought a couple of spare batteries from their mail order source....
5
5

OT Car tax to go up next week.
't affect either of my cars. Owners of cars will see their car tax costs rise in-line with the RPI index, usually adding £5 to bills. However, new vehicle buyers will be hit harder, as first-year VED...
30
30