Subject Author Posted Replies

WebCam
Like I'd guess many at this time, I'm using Zoom etc quite a bit. If adjust the screen on my laptop so the camera is properly framed on me, the viewing angle for the LCD screen is all wrong - washed...
27
27

Quarantine on people arriving in UK by air
'The PM also said he was "serving notice" that it would soon be the time to impose a quarantine on people coming into the country by air.' This raises two questions: - First and foremost, why wasn't a...
28
28

Kids can't go to ball games & concerts no mo'
Kids can't go to ball games & concerts no mo', cause old farts with one foot in the grave, who have ALREADY been to tons of ball games & concerts, keep hangin' around for no good reason!

Who won the Kentucky Derby in 1918?
Who won the Kentucky Derby in 1918? Answer: EXTERMINATOR
5
5

Front door do you need the triangle bit
Hi All I am changing our front door and the new one came with a triangular cross section bit of timber (probably around 50mm X 50mm) that goes along the bottom of the door. I assume it is some sort of...
11
11

Toolstation deliveries
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries? I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in...
15
15

Re: PAEDO (and MURDERER!?) PRIEST ALERT! Grooming investigation after aspiring vicar found guilty of murder!!
You should have trained to be a priest. -- Maids Moreton: grooming investigation after aspiring vicar found guilty of murder new, by David Brown And Will Humphries, Times of London (August 9, 2019)

Re: HUH? SHICK! Two former Benedictine monks from Buckfast Abbey were sentenced for sexually abusing boys!
Prick Catholic Church sexual abuse cases by country - Wikipedia

"humans are notoriously bad at detecting trends"
The windshield phenomenon (or windscreen phenomenon) is a term given to the anecdotal observation that people tend to find fewer insects smashed on the windscreens of their cars now compared to a...
1
1

Decline in insect studies
One reason that studies into the decline are limited is that entomology and taxonomy are themselves in decline. At the 2019 Entomology Congress, leading entomologist Jürgen Gross said that "We are...

Pancaked Li-Po batteries
Grandson has a RC car with two 7.4V Li-Po batteries one is showing 0V the other 1.5V, I have had both on charge for several hours with no effect. Is there any way to revive them or is it a case of...
10
10

Accenta g3 alarm
Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work....
7
7

Pulling or pushing a wheelbarrow?
Given a wheelbarrow that has two wheels side by side (as opposed the normal "unicycle" ones), with a wraparound handle that is parallel with the axle rather than the normal separate handles that are...
13
13

One for the electronics types.
Been fixing the Lucas ECU on an old Jaguar. Similar to the type used on my Rover. The fault was on the 5v regulated supply. Being a 50 year old design, all done with discrete components. Now fixed....
11
11

Araldite poem, song, or agage
Ages ago on here someone gave us a little ditty about Araldite. It was very funny I thought but I can't remember it. Anyone? Bill
4
4