Subject Author Posted Replies

Praise where praise is due.
Had my Covid jab today. Organized via my doctor, but conducted at another local surgery - my guess as a co-operation between several. Extremely well organised - I was in and out in about 20 minutes...
107
107

Covid Vs Perfume
Hi Guys When out walking, it is quite common to be able to smell perfume from a distance of 10m from the wearer. This makes me think that Covid particles must be heavier than perfume by a factor of 5...
6
6

OT Phone stuck in constant loading of "NHS Covid -19" app
Any ideas. Samsung S6 if that helps.
13
13

"Non-removable" belt on vacuum cleaner?
Has anyone ever seen this before...? When using the brushbar on our Vax upright cleaner (model Air3 Pet, about 7 years old) it emits a load of noise, even after laboriously pulling all debris off it....
10
10

Drilling through a uPVC door frame
Hello all, About a month ago I enquired about "kinetic bell pushes". The resulting discussion here in D-I-Y resulted in me being convinced to try re-connecting the house's old wired bell system. I've...
13
13

Ping Theo: Home Assistant and clocks:
Firstly I'd like to thank Theo for giving me the confirmation re Home Assistant as being a good Home Automation solution. I have numerous devices here (22) all doing stuff now and it's going well so...
9
9

Woodburner
I have a wood burning stove fitted with board behind and sides. Is it possible to tile it myself in situ, and what gap must there be from the back and sides of fire, as my opening is quite small.
2
2

Quick generating question - biomass and coal
Looking at Gridwatch, coal is fired up but Biomass which has been running flat out is now throttled back. A cynical thought is that Biomass generation is by converted coal plant (IIRC) at the same...
22
22

Compulsary New Radiators
I have lived alone in a three bedroomed association house for 17 years and now there is a plan to replace all the storage heaters with a hot water system. This seems to be initiated by a government...
34
34

So that is what electricians did in the 1963 big freeze
7
7

Blanced flue gas fire
Hello I am after a balanced flue gas fire. Can anyone please suggest a good place to get one from? It is for an old cottage so Ideally I would like a mock wood-burner style one (I assume you can get...
19
19

Finishing Oak.
We are coming to the end of having a new staircase fitted. Apart from specifying and ordering, my total involvement so far has been helping manoeuvre it through the front door and machining up a strip...
36
36

what are those things on the roofs?
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb= https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb= http://4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipO35_cwE-UmasW8Wy7bjLuRrMGeD6ZDOOdcLhCM%3Dw213-h160-k-no...
1
1

I have just received my first phishing email...
... since moving to Plusnet, assuming it is a phishing email. I have been with them several years and this is the first scam or phishing email to get through since joining them. Invoice Due:01/12/2021...
6
6

Computer keyboard problem
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to why one key - and only one key - on my PC keyboard should suddenly have stopped working. The key in question is f11 which I'm trying to program with a Word...
70
70