OT Phone stuck in constant loading of "NHS Covid -19" app

Same on my phone (Android 7)

Reply to
Scion

Oops... Android 8.1

Reply to
Scion

I think it did that to me too.

Power off. Try again. Give up.

Reply to
newshound

This problem?

Ian <$

Reply to
Scion

My puppy started an hour after a 999 call.

And the last question I was asked by the operator was "have you tested positive for covid in the last 14 days or are you self isolating?"

That's when I put the phone down on them.

Reply to
ARW

Same here. Android 10.

Reply to
GB

Seems OK today.

Reply to
Scion

Ah, Samsung use an overlay to Android, you may need to see if you can go to native android to stop it. I'm sure I heard this sort of thing with other apps but it might be because the version of the operating system is too old and the app cannot detect that till its partly loaded due to the overlay.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It is only Androids from last year or so that have the trace routines developed by Google and Apple for interoperability. I think that on normal Android phones you just get the download rejected and told to install a newer version. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

On the apple It started to just say blank notifications but they seem to have gone away now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Android version 6.0 (october 2015) and newer are supported, the device also needs bluetooth low energy.

Reply to
Andy Burns

So is mine.

But just before it happened I had noticed putting the phone on charge tried to active the app.

Reply to
ARW