cordless phone display problem

Hi ... there is a picture attached to the problem I'm having. Part of the display is missing. the display works fine on the phone but I would like to get it working on the phone itself since it is a cordless phone.

I bought the phone as is and I don't know the history. the buyer did say it got wet but I don't know if that is the case.

Any ideas what the problem could be.

?Thanks in advance for any help Here is a picture on my website just incase the picture attached doesn't go through.

ideas what the problem could be. It seems like a block is missing in the top left which is taking up over 25% of the display.

Reply to
Dennis C. Latham

The picture looks like my Sony phone. After 1 year I started to lose pixels on the handset. I think you can toss the phone. If it is the Sony, the display is connected to the PCB via a flexible interconnect. THe interconnect is attached via some type of adhesive (silver filled epoxy?). There is no way to reattach it. It's easy to take the phone apart and verify for yourself by locating the flexstip and pressing on it to provide a mechanical connection. Maybe a foam pad that gets compressed by the case can provide enough mechanical pressure to get a connection. I bought a new phone.

Reply to
jmagerl

Cordless phones are so inexpensive these days, it usually is not worth having them repaired. Just buy a new one. Des

Reply to
Des Perado

You cannot fix this yourself, because of how the phone is made. Sony changes the parts as modules, and their service people have the proper setup and tools to service this.

The cost of the repair may not be worth it, unless your phone is a very expensive model.

I would suggest it is time for a new phone.

Jerry Greenberg

Jerry Greenberg

Thanks for all the advice. I bought it as is and use it because I can turn the volume up very loud. I will check on that strip inside.

thanks again for all the help.

Reply to
Dennis C. Latham