Subject Author Posted Replies

I mean we have all felt like doing it...
<> A MOTHER threw her child into a bear cage at a zoo in front of horrified visitors.
2
2

Reviving scuffed DVDs
Gentlemen, Does anyone know if T-Cut is fine enough to restore scuffed up optical media such as CDs and DVDs? I've got a data disk that I can't *quite* get readable. I've polished out the scuffs...
14
14

Repairing silkscreen printing
I have a small panel on the old car where the printing beneath the buttons has worn off. Panel is steel, painted black, with white lettering - I assume silk screen printed. Is there a modern way of...
22
22

Daft thought for today - hot tap outdoors
As a side issue of my caravan washing saga I am thinking of using hot soapy water to shift the gripe off the roof. Which in turn requires tramping in and out of the house to refill the bucket when I'm...
9
9

Room Thermostat
I would like a room thermostat that allows me to set one temperature for one period and another for a second period so I can set daytime and nighttime temperatures. Is there something like this...
13
13

Burying BT dropwire or CW1128 cable
I need to run a signal cable to a gate, the run is about 30m underground and 30m hung on a stock fence. Armoured signal cable is very expensive so I'm tempted to use either exterior phone cable or...
30
30

Curved shower issue
I have a curved stand up shower that is missing rollers on the doors. I have tried replacing them but not sure if they were incorrect or wrongly fitted. Any suggestions where to get professional help...

Self Amalgamating Tape query
Hi All, I have recently used SAT to insulate and waterproof some joints in 1.0mm 2 core cable. I used chock block for the joins (staggered) though with hindsight, I think twist and SAT would have been...
4
4

Punching holes in stainless steel tape
I bought some high temperature adhesive stainless steel tape (3316) to stick over the surface and around one edge of a gasket. It's the burner gasket in a Keston boiler, which always cracks, and it's...
10
10

Small work platform - feet 1.5-2m above groumd
Every time I get to do something like washing the roof of the car or caravan I yearn for something more stable than step ladders. I've just measured the caravan and the roof is roughly 2.5 metres...
35
35

Malik
What are they playing at calling a storm Malik ? .....
15
15

Sucron
Anybody know were I can get a supply of Sucron ?.....
14
14

Best tape for temporary leak sealing?
An elderly relative reports a serious leak in the connector between her cistern and toilet (at the toilet end - it sounds like a separate cistern and a short connecting pipe). She can't send me a...
22
22

Controlling smartplugs using phone away from home
When I'm away from home I can control my smartplug (by TP-Link Tapo) using an app on my phone. The phone needs an internet data connection. Is the command I give travelling from my phone back to...
26
26

Waterproof sealing tape
Is there a waterproof sealing tape available which will adhere to a wet (or at least a damp) surface? An elderly relative, too far away for me to help in person, has a badly leaking connection between...
10
10