2-pin toothbrush / shaver plug - suppliers ?

Having removed the 2-pin plug from my electric toothbrush, rather than use an adapter, I now wish to replace it but can't find anyone that sells them. Anyone know of a supplier ? I tried B&Q and Maplin but no joy there.

TIA

Reply to
aberdeen

You may find that the plug has to be moulded on for "safety" reasons (preventing ingress of moisture etc) so you're probably snookered.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Most shaver sockets will take US 2-pin plugs. Maplin HL17T. (for 110V use only)

If a Euro Plug will fit, then

Owain

I have two from dead electric toothbrushes in my waste bin at present. They are the moulded type, but if you are happy to join a cable instead of having a fixable plug you are welcome to them. Just let me know quickly :-)

Eamil is w_i-b_b-l_e at without the non alpha characters lhs of the @.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 05:45:30 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Owain wrote this:-

travelling to the mainland I take a shaver lead with one on with me, as it also works in UK shaver sockets. One of a variety of leads I have, which I sometimes produce with a smug grin at an appropriate moment. The last time was on a train between Brussels and London, the seats of which have alternate UK and French sockets. We were producing a press release and someone offered to move so I could use the UK socket at their seat, with a smile I was able to say, "we have the technology", and produce the appropriate computer lead with a French/German plug:-)

As well as CPC these plugs can be found on though a little bit more expensive. That site is useful as it has a variety of leads and some plugs. Between CPC and leads direct one can obtain a variety of electrical bits and bobs for travel.

Reply to
David Hansen

stripped?

Reply to
1501

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:49:42 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be 1501 wrote this:-

I find matches increasingly difficult to find. Disposable cigarette lighters don't wedge in the holes very well.

Reply to
David Hansen

if not that "brave" could use DWER's cast-off moulded on plug and simply twist the copper wires together?... if fussy wrap each join with a bit of sellotape for added protection from moisture......and hope like F the supply has (working) RCD protection ;>o

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Its a rechargeable tooth brush so fit a normal plug and charge it in the bedroom.

Reply to
dennis

er.... I believe it already has a normal plug fitted Dennis?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message ,

1501 writes

I was just thinking the same thing

Reply to
geoff

lhs

Have decided to take Dave up on his offer, if its not too late. Thanks

Reply to
aberdeen

You actually threw away the old one with a name like aberdeen?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

Don't forget the fuse; there's surely an old screw around.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

Changed times, indeed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon