Subject Author Posted Replies

Fan heaters
I need a new fan heater for my bathroom (we use one such because I don't want to run the central heating to heat one room for my early start days, once a week). Previously, we had a Philips metal...
24
24

ping Brian: one button audiobook player
I can't find the thread where Brian was discussing distributing his talking newspaper. Someone has developed a one-button audiobook player using the Raspberry Pi computer. When you plug in a USB thumb...
1
1

Grout Protector
Thinking about using a grout protector such as Lithofin KF on some newly fixed tiles - before the grout gets mucky. Is this worth doing? Is there much difference between the various products? I see...
2
2

multiple 12v? PIR detectors controlling some domestic security lighting.....
e.g. Voltek do one the "over sensitive" sensor I am after IDing to replace does not look like any of their current ones.... anyone know of other makes I can google & check? Cheers Jim K
1
1

100 amp isolator
Two recent threads about moving a CU mentioned that an additional 100 Amp DP isolator was fitted after the meter. When is this necessary? As my installation doesn't have one I will need to break the...
7
7

What to do with old radiators and boilers?
I have a collection of used radiators (modern type witha few spots of rust) and a couple of old Thorn system boilers (working prior to removal) which I no longer need. Are these sellable, or should I...
7
7

help me sort out some VERY DANGEROUS electrics!
firstly the background stuff. I've bought a house last December that has two single garages attached to the left hand side of the house. and the bedroom us on top of the twin garages. the house was...
12
12

Raw edge of a ceramic tile.
Hi Guys..... I am thinking of making a splash back on kitchen worktop using some ceramic tiles (1 tile high). The thing is the edge of the tiles are unglazed. Is there anything I can apply to it so it...
17
17

Anchoring a large timber building
I'm helping out a local charity who are putting up a large wooden pavilion = (about 12 x 7m including a veranda). The foundations are in place as speci= fied by the building supplier and we expect to...
14
14

Piggin PMF 180
My second Bosch PMF180 packed up today, half way through a piggin job. Not even had that much use. Seems to be the same problems as the first one - the switch. Anyone else had trouble?
26
26

Cole & Mason DUO 2 in 1 Salt/pepper Mill
Hi all Any-body ever taken one of these to pieces, if so how ?. I know these have life time guarantee, but have old one here that has seized up on the salt side , and thought I'd have a play Thanks...

Curious about boiler fan failure symptoms
Vaillant Turbomax non-condesning. Just changed a *slightly* noisy fan, slightly rumbly for no more than 2-3 seconds when first spun after a few hours inactivity, otherwise apparently fine. Have heard...
5
5

Slate paving
I am planning to cover a rather ugly concrete slab by our back door with slate paving: you look at the picture you can (hopefully) see that the front part of the slab has slightly dropped but it...
1
1

Heating oil: Has composition been changed?
When I mentioned my ongoing boiler problem to the neighbour, she said she'd had exactly the same problem and her heating engineer had told her that a while ago (don't know when exactly) the oil...
15
15

Legal question - party wall shenanigans
My third and final post of the day! As I may have mentioned elsethread, I've recently moved into my new house, = which is a small Victorian detached cottage in town. There are plans to bu= ild on the...
33
33