Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Stage Lighting
Having done stage lighting many years ago for an amateur company, I was fascinted by the technology when I recently saw the Arena Tour of Jesus Christ Superstar. Amazing in that it went to many venues...
1
1

Boiler scrappage scheme - what?
I've been cold called about his by some firm with Energy in their name about this scheme. It might be valid in my case so I said yes send someone to tell me about it and arranged a time. I then get a...
29
29

Condensation in the house
I'm noticing condensation a lot more these days: all windows in the mornings covered with it, and us having to clean it all off. Now, it MAY be that it's simply that I'm noticing a lot more than I...
25
25

OT - anyone used the Amazon dispute process?
I ordered a Tripath amp fulfilled via Amazon. I got two pairs of headphones from China instead. I tried to contact the supplier but got no response. I left negative feedback on Amazon but this hasn't...
4
4

Earthing Issues in old house
Hi We have an earthing issue in our grandfathers house. He has been getting a shock through the taps & water in the bathroom. I did some investigation and found 2 issues. 1 a faulty appliance 2 an...
15
15

OT: courier services - RANT
Once again Hermes, booked through Parcel2go, have failed to collect a parcel on the booked day. The best that parcel2go can do is re-book in a 12 hour window on the next day - 2 days late and another...
27
27

Non slip easy clean kitchen floor covering
Please can anyone recommend a suitable non slip (very important) and easily cleaned (secondary) kitchen floor covering material either roll or floor tiles. Tiles would be a lot easier for me as the...
10
10

dishwasher Hotpoint dwf 31
My dishwasher has decided to not heat the water. it seems ok other than that. The model is Hotpoint Aquarius DWF 31 the same as a Bosh . electronic control and display. Is there any stock faults for...

Stains on Bathroom floor (urine)
Hi all, Our bathroom floor was re covered with a vinyl covering that was laid from a roll It was fitted as part of a bathroom upgrade by our Housing association a year ago, I have no paperwork to see...
17
17

Plastering for humans
All the plastering techniques I've read about essentially say: plaster, wait a moment, plaster, wait a moment, plaster. Is there an alternative technique that takes account of the fact that I'm human...
38
38

Anti-creep mat
Looking for something to place underneath a mat (decent weight wool) to stop it moving around on the wool carpet it lies upon. It does only move slowly but it would be good to stop even that. Have...
16
16

More gridwatch
"The BMReports website is down for maintenace This website is temporarily unavailable because an upgrade is currently being carried out. The site is expected to be back by 20:00 GMT. For more...
2
2

Fitting automatic radiator bleed valves
We had a combi and some new radiators installed this year and I plan to replace a couple of the manual bleed valves with automatic valves. I imagine that I will need to slightly top up the combi...
11
11

Lubrication for lens focusing thread
What lubricant would you use on the coarse threads that move a lens in and out for focusing? This thread is has a pitch of about 2mm. It's the one that moves the body of the lens in and out as the...
17
17

Electronic ballasts for 8 foot double light fittings?
The discussion under "12V LED recommendation" has reminded me that I have several 8' light fittings that I should really convert to HF electronic ballasts. Where's the best (cheapest!) place to buy...
6
6