192.com

This site used to be reat for avoiding the inflated 0207 and similar call numbers, by telling you the equivalent - but standard charge numbers. Looking at it today, I see it has completely changed. It now does various other things, but not that one. Anyone know a website that does ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

In message , Jim Hawkins writes

020 7 is standard geographic number call rate. Do you mean 0870 etc.? SayNoTo0870.com
Reply to
bert

Do you mean

Andrew May

Jim Hawkins put finger to keyboard:

Don't spend _too_ long looking for a standard charge equivalent to 0207 numbers...

Reply to
Scion

Thank you, Bert!

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

In message , Jim Hawkins writes

I use the WeQ4U service. I use the app on my phone but they have an 03 number you can ring.

The service is 'free' - as in it comes out of your inclusive minutes - it's charged at normal call rates, rather than 0845/0870 etc. rates. It's also useful for ringing 0800 numbers on your mobile if they are charged like most mobile operators.

saves looking up the alternative numbers and they seem to have most numbers I've ever wanted to ring in their database.

The queuing service is handy as well.

Reply to
chris French

Good find, cheers :)