Subject Author Posted Replies

Outside wiring
There is an SWA cable running down the garden at Handyman Towers, providing power to the shed. It appears to terminate inside the house at an FCU. This place seems full of bodged electrics, wall...
10
10

Multi-tool accessories
Does anyone have any suggestions where to acquire a few nylon brush type accessories for a hobby/multi tool without paying around a fiver a pop off fleabay? The ones I'm after look like mini chimney...
1
1

Power strip/distribution board wierdness
Symptoms - battery on my Logitech rechargeable mouse went dead. So - checked pins on charging stand and no apparent voltage. Pulled out end of power lead and checked pins (well, inside/outside of...
10
10

Honeywell CM921 Programmable Thermostat Wall Bracket
Does anyone happen to have a spare Wall Bracket for this thermostat or can suggest where I might obtain one? Ours somehow got lost during decorating! I have the Table Stand but prefer the wall...
1
1

Electricity problem
My electric is supplied by overhead cables, and power failures are not rare. The electric comes into the detached garage, though a mains breaker then fed to the house via an armoured cable, into...
25
25

DECT Phone (Gigaset)
I moved my Gigaset phone and found the builder had trapped the telephone lead from the socket to the base. Ah well - I had another on a different phone so I swopped it over. Now the phone doesn't work...
20
20

How much grease?
Rebuilding my chop saw and cleaned out the gears where the motor and blade mechanism connects. How much grease do I pack in there? Fill it up or just a thick coating on the gears?
4
4

The right sand
I am about to lay slate tiles on top of an existing concrete slab. I was wondering what sand to use to bed them in. I would normally use plastering sand but I was wondering whether sharp sand would...
9
9

Fixing into Granite.
I have to make a bracket up for a Laser Link between 2 buildings, of which one is a old granite building. The mount will be made of 40mm unistrut. Can anyone recommend a decent fixing to use. This...
15
15

Straight standard bath.
I want to buy a standard size straight white plastic bath. I want one that is more than the usual 5mm thick for rigidity. Mentioning the thickness doesn't seem to be a strong point with online...
15
15

Thornton case foam
I have a set of Thornton drawing instruments from the 60s, and the foam in the case has crumbled away. Can anyone tell me where I can get suitable replacement foam? It needs two pieces 165 x 266 mm,...
2
2

How much to install an outdoor tap these days?
Any rough ideas? Existing indoor pipework goes right along the outside wall, so no major replumbing required. And no I'm not going to even consider DIYing it. I looked it up and it's way beyond my...
21
21

OT Fee to payin cahs to bank
OT: Just heard that Lloyds tsb are going to charge a fee for anyone paying in *cash* to their bank account!!!!
13
13

OT June Statins Thread
Crops up regularly, always gets response, so here goes: Statins and Musculoskeletal Conditions, Arthropathies, and Injuries ONLINE FIRST Ishak Mansi, MD; Christopher R. Frei, PharmD, MSc; Mary Jo...
24
24

OT: Piggin PC!
Every time I open a web page, a large box appears, recommending that I should download a video player; "A player is available and it's Recommended to View Content Richer, more immersive user...
9
9