Subject Author Posted Replies

Solid Shaving Gel?
I have a can of Homme 'gel de rasage' bought in France. When I shake it, it rattles and feels as if there is something heavy and solid inside. A Gillette can feels as if it is fully of a liquid and a...
13
13

Ideal Icos HE18 Fan assembly replacement
We have a really loud revving or vibrating noise coming from the Fan assembly of our boiler. If you take the cover off there is also a slight electrical burning smell. Is this fan assembly something...
2
2

pheasant
A bloke gave me a brace of pheasants. Childhood memory helped my pluck and disembowel, but mother always did the cooking. Any tips? Bill
12
12

Car insurance costs bucking the trend.
I've just had my renewal quote for next years car insurance which has made me look up what I paid in previous years for comparison Same company, same car, same address, no change in my driving...
61
61

Makita Cordless Combi Drills Which model
The 18v LKT (BHP453SHE)sells for £159 with 2 batteries charger and plastic case. But I noticed in B&Q another similar model with identical spec for £98 with 2 batteries charger and canvas case....
19
19

Glue for Vinyl?
OH is fitting me a new vinyl flooring in the kitchen. Its my Christmas present and I would like it done before Christmas. I have been kitchen less now since Monday. He has charged me with finding glue...
25
25

OT - Turkey
Ourfreexer is a bit too full to accomodate a frozen turkey. What do you reckon will be the earliest I should buy a frozen turkey without a freezer to store it in until time to defrost it.(Size for 8 -...
20
20

Sealing around the outside of a uPVC window - which silicone?
The uPVC window in my bathroom (installed some twelve years ago) has started to admit rain. The leak seems to be across the top of the outer frame, so the water is presumably getting through the...
11
11

Wilkinson & diy
Looking at wilko dotcom for gifts I saw they did diy stuff. It looks aimed at people that dont know much about diy, with unpredictable prices, but I s ee shed felts for £20 up, a good range of...
3
3

"Tap reviver" kit?
I have a dripping tap which needs sorting out (no, not SWMBO, I really mean a Dripping Tap). I replaced the washer on it a few years ago and ISTR ending up taking a tap reseating tool to it... it's...
8
8

For those with an electronic bent ....
And little prospect of an Android version, unfortunately.
18
18

duct fans in series
For the benefit of the back of the class:- No not OT, nor a joke (note no laughter).... FFS ;>) Q if I were to install say 3 duct fans in series (yers in the same duct) should I expect almost 3 X...
28
28

Weighed in the scrap today
Never touched a screwdrer or my snips. £45 for the light fittings, £409 for the SWA and £751 for the T&E and singles. A pity it was not mine but well done to the apprentice for sitting in the...
9
9

"Unsubscribe"
I'd love to know how many advertiser's 'unsubscribe' prompts I've hit over the last few months. A few of them - very few! - have actually worked first time and without further ado. Most of them...
16
16

Plasterboard and painting
Hi, I have a downstairs toilet where there is a artexed cieling already in place. I wish to cover the artex and the ceiling can easily be covered by a single sheet of plasterboard, so no joins or...
11
11