Wilkinson & diy

Looking at wilko dotcom for gifts I saw they did diy stuff. It looks aimed at people that dont know much about diy, with unpredictable prices, but I s ee shed felts for £20 up, a good range of curtain rail bits and IIRC good prices on paints too. Anyone use them as a diy supplier?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Frequently.

Their paint is excellent, the One Coat gloss & emulsion in particular. Even the el cheapo magnolia emulsion is pretty good. Rollers, brushes, dust sheets, masking tape etc all good value.

Also useful for basic plumbing & electrical bits, hardware, cheap 'rarely used' tools etc.

Own label grab adhesive, tile adhesive/grout, filler is good - also available in giant 'toothpaste' type tubes which I find handy.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Only because they were [1] the only hardware store that I could walk to

but their range is limited and more than once the item that I required was out of stock

tim

[1] in the past tense as I have now moved
Reply to
tim.....

They're decent value for the things that they do stock, and they tend to have things in smaller quantities than Screwstation. They're quite good for kitcheny/bathroomy things that's more Homebase than builder's merchant.

They do 'click and collect' (requires advance planning, but we don't have a local one so I know in advance when I'm likely to be passing). However the implementation leaves something to be desired: it comes as a special order from a warehouse. I ordered some motor oil to be sure there was some in stock when I was passing. There was some on the shelf, but I had to wait 15 mins for them to find the bottle with my name on it out of the back room.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos