Weighed in the scrap today

Never touched a screwdrer or my snips.

£45 for the light fittings, £409 for the SWA and £751 for the T&E and singles.

A pity it was not mine but well done to the apprentice for sitting in the tipper on the weighbridge when we went in and waiting outside the scrap yard when we left (twice). Worth his weight in scrap is that one.

Reply to
ARW

Did you fatten him up at Maccy D's first?

Reply to
Graham.

And did you prevent him from having a McPoo and a McPee as well?

Reply to
Stephen

Surprised they fell for that one.

Four days to go! Not having cold feet yet?

Reply to
harryagain

You'd have thought the scrap yard wise to that one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He hid under the cardboard on the back seats of the tipper.

Reply to
ARW

So the average man weighs 90 kg....

Last time I sold copper, I was getting £4 a kilo, alumininium was £2 a kilo.

As you mention armoured SWA cable that will have steel in it which is pennies per kilo.

So if assume aluminium SWA cable, You'd be looking at 180 quid for your apprentice.....

Reply to
Stephen

I'd look carefully at his timesheets in the future. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , ARW writes

What a fine example to set a young apprentice.

Reply to
bert

I thought you'd hidden him *in* the tipper.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog