Subject Author Posted Replies

NEST Thermostat/Programmer
Anyone got one and what do you think? Have an opportunity where one might drop straight in to a relative's system and improve matters (they have odd but mostly regular occupation times and hate...
2
2

Joining copper pipe and the Wiki
I might be blind, but is there a Wiki page on copper compression fittings? I have to embark on another round of plumbing and I wanted to check something. The something is: What's best practise for...
60
60

Camera for home security
I have been wondering about getting web camera so that I can check the status of the inside of my house when I am away. One product that I have found is a Trendnet TV-IP862IC. Does anyone have any...
19
19

Wiki: Felt roof repair
A first quick draft for feedback... NT Felt roof repair This article addresses patch repairs of felt covered roofs. Patch repair is doomed in the sense that once felt begins to go, it usually doesn't...
4
4

OT Microsoft Word to iPad
I want to put a word processor on my iPad and create documents that can be read by MS Word on a PC and vice versa. Can this be done and if so how? mark
6
6

New North Leeds Screwfix?
Just been on the phone to the Screwfix call centre and the guy I was speaking to mentioned a new north Leeds branch opening tomorrow. Anyone heard anything about it? Can't find any mention online...
16
16

Paving slabs
I need 20-off 600x600 ordinary concrete slabs, 38 or 50mm, second-hand OK. Plenty around, but collect only or delivery kills it. There's a place in the W. Miidlands that would charge £168 for the...
7
7

Does this exist yet?
it seems that techno types are intent in making everything have an lcd display these days, even toasters, so what is needed is a little gadget that you stick on or hold over the display, which can...
8
8

OT Tidal power.
That treats the energy density issues very well, but stops short of the intermittency issues.
71
71

Germany no longer Wunderland..says top man.
"When Fratzscher, the head of the German Institute for Economic Research, gives a talk these days, he likes to pose a question to his audience: "Which country is this?" He then describes a place that...
8
8

[OT] another +1 for Andrews and Arnold...
Just brought a new FTTC line live. "Free" Technicolor router works fine with routing my allocated /29 block but when reconfigured for NAT, it slows to a crawl (15/0.6 Mbit/sec). (Bearing in mind this...

Halfords
I've been using Halfords anti-freeze in the old car for years. It's an all ally engine with copper rad so needs the correct stuff - modern long life types are said to not be kind to copper. Needed...
5
5

Circular saws
I have an opportunity to buy a Triton TA184CSL at a very good price. Does anyone know how it compares with (eg) Bosch blue GKS 190, or Makita 5704RK?
8
8

solar mobile phone charger
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to keep an iPhone battery topped up over a prolonged period. Basically it's to go in a car as a tracker, so the phone won't be heavily used, rather it will make an...
25
25

dehumidifier
For some reason our house is suffering more from condensation this year, no w its starting to get colder. Probably the influence of the baby and drying more things on radiators, etc. We had...
23
23