Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Telephone ring tone from Talk Talk
Further to my post regarding Virgin Media transferring its ADSL customers to Talk Talk, this has now proceeded relentlessly, irrespective of and completely unrelated to the timing announcements from...
20
20

DIY Windows 8 Touchpad fix required
Problem with new laptop. - I have two left hand "buttons" on the touch pad not actual buttons, left or right hand side of pad By that I mean when I touch the right hand side I get the same effect of...
3
3

Toilet for narrow room.
Hi I want to convert a fairly narrow room into a bathroom. It will have to have a toilet and bidet opposite the washbasin, so to maximise the space between I'd like a bog (and bidet) which doesn't...
22
22

Log splitters
I've just about run out of split logs, and also logs which will yield easily to the "grenade" splitter which has been very successful up to now. I thought I would look up log splitters. Hydraulic ones...
25
25

Victorian/ Edwardian sealing coat material?
For sealing the surface of exterior brick or plaster/stucco/pargetting before painting. Black or very dark grey material, so hard it almost seems like a glaze fired on to the surface. Almost...
7
7

Bolting to concrete - removably
I've got something that needs to be bolted down to the garage floor, but which needs enough working space around it that it's going to be a PITA if bolted down permanently. So I'm thinking in terms of...
20
20

TOT Wii mario kart B button jums instead of ...
triggering the bullet, star mushroom boosts etc. any ideas why this suddenly happened? ta steve
2
2

Vacuum flasks (OTish)
A few years ago I had had a great day chasing free flight model planes at Old Warden and was pretty tired... To rive me a bit for the drive home I reached for my flask of hot coffee....-and it slipped...
61
61

Scroll saws - any with good/quick/easy blade changing?
I'm about to tackle a lot of internal fretwork (in wood) so I need to find a sensibly-priced scroll saw that allows one end of the blade to be quickly removed and re-attached - any suggestions based...
5
5

OT: Breathalysers
I just know that there are going to be swathes of folk saying "don't drink and drive", but, ignoring those for the moment, does anyone have any experience of personal breathalysers? There seem to be a...
77
77

What's the material in these lamps?
Hello, I would like to make some lamps, and I'm looking for a material similar to the one used by ikea in Fillsta lamps: I'm interested in plastic sheet material, that lets some of the light pass...
5
5

Rad v thermostat best solutiom
In my lounge there are 3 radiators (gas CH) one at each end of the lounge and one in the middle, the middle one has the room thermostat about a foot to one side and about 3 feet above it. Something...
15
15

Accessori utili outdoor
Segnalazione accessori per camper, caravan e campeggiatori Il primo E-commerce dedicato esclusivamente alle innovazioni tecnologiche utili al tuo camper creato da un camperista per i camperisti....
2
2

Tape head etc cleaner.
I've got a pile of 1/4" tapes to transfer to CD, and have run out of my favourite head and transport cleaner - AF-Spray, order code AFS400. Last time, I bought a case of it - so a very long time ago....
48
48

IKEA ISDANS blind
Hi Folks About to fit a new IKEA ISDANS window blind (cordless type), but having a real job figuring out how to remove the old-style (corded) ISDANS without getting heavy and damaging the window frame...
4
4