DIY Windows 8 Touchpad fix required

Problem with new laptop. - I have two left hand "buttons" on the touch pad not actual buttons, left or right hand side of pad By that I mean when I touch the right hand side I get the same effect of the left hand side.

If I plug in a USB mouse that works Ok and I can see in control panel where to change the buttons on a mouse, but I'm damned if I can find anywhere to change the touch pad.

I'd be grateful if anyone can offer a quick fix and avoid all the hassle of now digging out support contacts for Acer/PCWorld not to mention the embarrassment of having to take it in and have a simple fix applied.

Reply to
bert

On mine the default is a press anywhere is a left button and a two fingered press is right click. It can be changed in the mouse properties as long as the manufacturers driver is installed and not the default windows driver.

Reply to
dennis

In message , Bill writes

"Standard System Devices" according to Device Manager

Reply to
bert

You sir are a bloody genius! I'd never have guessed that in a million years. On that note I'll go and have a cup of tea.

Reply to
bert