Subject Author Posted Replies

12v filter for car electrical output
I've bought a USB FM adaptor to enable me to play MP3 music files from a USB memory stick, via an FM signal to the car radio. It plugs in to a cigar lighter socket for it's power supply. I've tried it...
7
7

OT - 9V battery purchase
I have not needed to buy a 9V battery (pp3) for a long time. I need one today. Where is the best (cheapest) place to get something like a Duracell 4-pack on the high street ? Simon.
33
33

audiophool plugs and sockets
Take a look at these: at those prices (£20+ each) they should be marketing them to audiophools for their hi-fi installations! Weatherproof Plugs & Sockets - 5 / 15 / 30 Amp IP56 Rated
12
12

OT: Windows 8
Got the new laptop which came with Windows 8. Avoid this like the black death. It was clearly designed by a retarded gerbil and is virtually unusable.
175
175

Fly tipping
I'd just like to thank the fly tipper who left (among other things) sufficient sheets of plywood to mend the roof of my log store. Said repair cost me ... nothing, since I used the aforementioned...
32
32

How to clean windows (video)
Watch terrifying moment 'stupid' Scots window cleaner balances on top floor ledge WITHOUT any safety equipment: (says the Daily Record) Owain THE man appears to use only his left hand to cling on to...
5
5

Wall tile 2mm T-spacers
Against my better judgement I've been persuaded to get some 'metro tiles' f or the kitchen. I had no idea how ridiculously expensive the T-spacers woul d be! Tops Tiles sell 1000 for £10.60 but they...
12
12

Magneto question
I have an ancient Laser ride-on mower with a Kohler 18 twin cylinder engine. Fine last season, but no sparks now. Checking for continuity, I have 26 kilohms between the two plug leads, but no...
13
13

PVA as a sealer - drying time on plywood?
Folks, Rebuilding a caravan, rain due tomorrow, must finish get window seals on tonight as nowhere to store it undercover. On 3.6mm bare ply which I have coated with a 50/50 mix of PVA and water, how...
18
18

Identify the mystery object
No photograph, just a vague description, sorry... Back in the 1950's, in my mothers sewing box, was a pressed, plated steel object. It had a series of hooks in a row along it and a slide button at...
3
3

Ikea kitchen LED lighting
I've bought a number of Ikea's OMLOPP LED under-cupboard lights to replace our CFL lights, which seem to be dying faster than they should. The OMLOPP lights come with a transformer with 24 volt...
2
2

'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC
Having adopted my son's Samsung phone, I'm having a play. This is my first android type phone (I thought my last mobile was sophisticated because it took photos as well as made phone calls), which is...
85
85

OT Cameron's cunning plan
I see Camoron is giving the Scots/SNP more fiscal powers. Cunning plan to discredit the SNP and the lying little bitch forever. The Scots will be eating grass after five years of the New Marxist SNP....
1
1

adaptor to join hosepipe run to irrigation timer....
I bought an irrigation timer that's designed to screw onto a usual outside tap and a hose comes off it to lead to the target plants. I want to mount it away from the tap, I.e. at the end of a run of...
6
6

Shed base: concrete raft, concrete beams, wooden structure on posts, or ... ?
SWMBO has bought a good quality 8x6 shed so now I have the task of making the base and erecting the shed. The most obvious ways to do it is either a 3-4" slab or to make-up a wooden frame and support...
15
15