Subject Author Posted Replies

Decking., a flight of fancy...
So a mate says to me, I can get a load of used decking... any use to you? Never being one to turn down free construction kits, all I needed was something to build. From decking to "portable" steps,...
17
17

How do you pay in a cheque by post?
Odd question, isn't it. Got an income tax refund in the form of a cheque. Sent it off - as I've done for many years - by post to my bank (Barclays) branch with paying in slip. Came back as address...
68
68

Wills and executors - the outcome..
Hi, With help from Just an update on the earlier thread... The (2x) solicitors have agreed to renounce their involvement as joint executors along side me. I will now become the sole executor, but...
11
11

Seen this second ...
3 lads, hi-viz'd up to the nines (with ear defenders) going along the kerb/road corner in our *cul-de-sac* scraping the weeds out. Preventative maintenance ? Or does a VIP live at the bottom ? Might...
7
7

Windows to linux - was part of Slow Windows
Thought I'd start this in a new thread as the old one is getting a bit large. So want to try Linux on old Toshiba laptop with Pentium 4 and 2 GB. It has been said to be very simple so I've followed...
57
57

OT. One for ARW
13
13

Papering
Popped into Wilkinsons today for one of these; The best wall paper trimmer I have ever used. However, spotted one of these; I've always used a brush in the past, but I thought I'd give it a try for...
10
10

Product review
This is a review for a black plastic bucket from B&Q; "This bucket is great. It has a handy handle, essential for carrying. As an added bonus it has no holes in the bottom always good when carrying...
4
4

Composite Front Door
I want to improve the thermal efficiency of my front door so want to replace wooden door with single glazing with a composite one with double glazing. Any recomendations? Looking at Rockdoors and...

July good month for wind power.
Scotland’s weather: Summer boost for renewables | The Scotsman
4
4

Alarm.
The trusty old Omnicron house alarm has died. So need a recommendation for a replacement. Must have a remote keypad. All the necessary wiring and sensors are already in place and working. Are there...
4
4

OT-ish: I'm in the market for a bit more lateral thinking
I have access to a digital piano which has a feature which stretches the tuning at the top and bottom ends to make it sound more like a real acoustic piano (which apparently has the bottom notes...
27
27

OT: Arthritis in the knees
Sorry about being so far OT but any doctors or physios or anyone suffering with arthritic knees in the group? The question - is it best to keep the knees moving or not? The background - my wife is on...
25
25

OT: Plane fuel
Cars can go electric, but what are planes going to do when the oil runs out?
109
109

AA Li-on - how can they be AA
Lithium-ion = 4.2 V/cell? I see quite a few adverts for Li-on AA batteries (~1.4V) How can this be? I bought some "quality" Li-on batteries and they measure 1.75V. Cheapo ones measure 1.45V from the...
34
34