12v downlighters with extractor fan

In a shower cubicle we have a 12v downlighter with an integral extractor fan. The light fitting in the middle has collapsed. The small round connector into which the bulb fits, and which is held by 2 small screws has worked loose and the screws have fallen out. I do not know how to get them back in. Do I have to remove the entire fitting from the ceiling, and if so how do I do this?

Any help most welcome. John

Reply to
John Edgar

Just replace it with a new unit , they are not that expensive if yo shop round

-- Miketew

Reply to
Miketew

Just repalce it with a new unit , they are not that expensive if yo shop round

-- Miketew

Reply to
Miketew

Thanks for the replies. It turns out for 6 years we had had a 50w bulb where only a 20w bulb should have been. This has burnt out part of the fitting, which our friendly electrician has been able to fix quite cheaply. Moral? Read the instructions first!

Reply to
John Edgar