Subject Author Posted Replies

WiFi AP channels
I have just installed a bit of software which scans and records the local to me WiFi signals.... With my own AP set up to use 11, the scanner shows me on 11 + 7. If I swap the AP channel to 1, it...
3
3

Can someone ID this experiment
A jar (Petri dish I think it was) 1/2 full of liquid A. A single drop from an eyedropper charged with liquid B was dropped in the middle of liquid A. Immediately, liquid B dispersed to the sided of...
9
9

plug heights
Just curious but why did they stop fixing electric plugs about 3ft up from the floor and start fixing them to the skirting, in general.
24
24

moulded plugs
Recently I had to replace a washing machine. As always nowadays, it came with a moulded plug. As the electrical socket is above the worktop, I had to cut this plug off, feed the cable through the...
49
49

Re: EU clusterfuck
Which is maybe just as well in this case. As you clearly don't understand the points at issue. In this instance you see, the problem has arisen precisely because, unlike what you and your friends...
25
25

Just had this small extension to first dropped on me
That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b8/20161023_104516.jpg
42
42

Kerb weight and GVW of vehicles - one source? X-Post
I'm looking for a towing vehicle for a large caravan; around 2,000kg MAM. There are some obvious contenders such as Land/Range Rovers, pick-up trucks and the like but there are also a range of large...
25
25

Oscillator installation orientation
Would an elecrical oscillator such as the small ones shown in this picture mind which way round they are installed? Download Oscillator images and photos. Over 405 Oscillator pictures to choose from,...
26
26

UPVC door lock gear box: Anyone advise on replacing this one?
Hi, The gearbox in my UPVC door has stopped working. Can anyone advise on selec ting a replacement? The backset is 35mm and the distance between the centre s is 92mm. There are many gear boxes on ebay...
2
2

Cloneing (sp) a garage door remote
Any recommendations. Lots of bad reports on these devices. The installer, m any many years ago, wanted £60 for the second remote so I ran him out of it.
7
7

Changing PVC front door from outwards-opening to inwards-opening?
Hi friends, My front door needs replacing. I have another UPVC door in my garage that i s fairly new and the correct size, but it opens outwards instead of inwards ! Is it generally possible to take...
18
18

Fastening light on end of long "stick" to brickwork
My wife is wanting me to attach a solar light to the brick wall of the house. Because of a concrete "shelf" above the front door, which would shield the charging cells from seeing any sunlight, the...
13
13

Operation "welcome home" completed - Extension project so far.
The weekend saw the final phase (NPI) of my extension wire-up completed. this last section involved hooking up a few new light circuits to the existing wiring. The basic stuff was simple but this...

Heating an empty property
We have a mid-terraced house that's going to be stood empty for a few months. It's suffered a bit from dampness in the past so I think we should keep the heating on to some degree now that we're...
22
22

New S60 phone with built in FLIR
This years christmas present perhaps ??. Designed by the same people who did the new Ektra phone for Kodak. Andrew
1
1