Subject Author Posted Replies

Basin tap handle screws
My dad's been trying to get the handles off their kitchen taps (to clean the algae off - again), and pretty much destroyed the screw head on one of them. I'll probably be able to find a way to get it...
4
4

Smart meters - a question
[Quick note - I am typing this on my tablet using tightVNC because I still haven't found a news client on Android which suits me.]Anyway does anyone know how gas smart meters are powered? Either they...
53
53

Online Video Door Bell with 2 way audio
Thinking of fitting one of these so that I can take care of important, but frustratingly difficult to schedule, deliveries, i.e. send them to a truste d neighbour (having wasted whole half days just...
5
5

What do people think about Texacom alarms?
Hi, I am thinking about replacing my Scantronics 9800 house alarm which I insta lled in 2000. I have been looking at the Texacom Premier Elite range and w as wondering if anyone had any experience of...
5
5

Wiring up bathroom mirror.
I'm fitting one of those illuminated, heated bathroom mirrors in our new bathroom. It's going over the top of where the shaver point presently is (the new mirror has a built-in shaver point) and I'm...
29
29

Gland dramas
Hi all Just went out to fit the outside electrics and discovered that the box I bo ught has 25mm holes and I have 20mm glands!!! Anyone have a cunning workaro und to save me going out for some...
12
12

O.T. - well, just a little
More worthwhile than your average petition..... Help stop these imported fakes from proliferating. Please circulate if you support this. At present it is only illegal to USE non-approved traps. The...
12
12

Ceramic disc tap cartridge
My kitchen tap has started leaking when fully open from the rotating part. Can this be repaired or is a new cartridge the only cure? Thanks John
2
2

flash newsgroups??
Who are these people and has anyone tried complaining to them about the posts here from them. Its stupid using a newsgroup in the way their users are expecting everyone else to go to their web site as...
7
7

kew 4200
I turn on and it runs , turn the water on and it stops, pull the trigger nothing happens . what is the problem
2
2

Bargain merbile fern
Just got my GLOBALSTAR GSP-1700 today which was made in 2006 when it sold f or £2000; I got it for £200, but you can get free ones. My 120 da y contract was just £50 and will work all over the...
3
3

OT: QR (datamatrix-TEXT) Q ?
Just wondered if there might be any QR code experts around. Have a document with a QR code on it. All my QR scanner apps happily decode it, and tell me it's "Data Matrix" and type "TEXT". So far, so...
13
13

Bosch boiler flame failure detector
Gents, I have just installed a pure sinewave UPS on my boiler/solar thermal heating to protect against power outages. When I cut the input power, the flame failure detector is tripped and the boiler...
11
11

Another striking success for wind
Which just now is producing 0.63% of national electricity requirements. About the same as during the last two days. Anyone know where the country applies for a refund?
18
18

Gaskets for 20mm uPVC conduit bends??
Can you get them? BESA (round) boxes come with gaskets as an option, but I don't seem to be able to locate any gaskets for short or long bends. I have a couple outside, currently bodged with silicone.
4
4