ARW

best add the link

Reply to
ARW

This one?

Angle grinder?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Nasty. You could just about do that with a Stanley Knife.

A friend of mine (a professional builder) screwed a screw into his hand when putting up a garden fence. He tried pulling his hand away, but it wouldn't come. He had to unscrew the screw. That was a puncture wound, so it didn't look like much from the outside.

Reply to
GB

Careless Apprentice

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Camel toe thumbnail. Nice.

Reply to
Richard

angle grinder

Reply to
DJC

pizza cutter

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

BTDTGTT ;-)

I was fixing plasterboard to some 2x1" stud work boxing in the underside of a stairwell. I was wearing a pouch of drywall screws, and alas did not spot the 45mm screw that had got in among all the 30mm ones. Whizzed it in with the power driver, and then thought, "why does that hurt? and why can't I let go of this board?". I has screwed my finger to the back of a 2x1". Had to back out the screw to free myself.

Reply to
John Rumm

Carpet gripper

Reply to
John Rumm

Junior Hacksaw

SWA?

I still have a trace of the scar and it,s a mirror image of your piccy.

I'm left handed.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Ouch :( I never thought screws were that dangerous. I remember discovering that broken tiles sometimes have razor sharp edges though.

We should have a diy injuries page on the wiki. Not sure why but we should.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I fell through a cement fibre roof while carrying out repairs after a fire. About 15'0, luckily the ground was a mix of scalpings and compacted soil rather than concrete. List of breakages/stupidity available:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Band saw - slow reaction time?

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Ex missus.

Reply to
John #9

Can still just about see a scar from a sharp tile edge which I inflicted on myself 15 years ago, although it's almost vanished now.

When I was at Sun, one of the managers in the US took great delight in collecting photos of injuries of her staff. There were a disproportionate number of mountain bikers in the team, so they came in quite regularly.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

When I was 5, a girl from school slammed a car door while my thumb was still in it, the nail came off and it damaged the nail bed. 45+ years later there's still a little white crease 1/4" long and the nail grows with a split down it.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I once told an ex gf that I liked black fingernails. She probably still thinks that I deliberately slammed her fingers in the car door.

Reply to
ARW

Nail guns are quicker and neater.

Reply to
bert

Piece of paper can give a nasty little cut.

Reply to
bert