10 mm service value

Most of my radiotors are plumbed using 10mm pipe

As I decorate the house (we only moved in a few months ago) and need to take the raditors off the wall to paint

I would like to add service vales

Only I cant find anywhere that sells them !!!

Any suggestions

Many Thanks Simon

Reply to
simon.birchall

On 21 May 2007 04:14:40 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" mused:

Not sure why you'd want service valves on all the rads?

Use 15mm ones and reducers if you are intent on doing this.

Reply to
Lurch

What valves do you currently have on each pipe?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

well you're going to have to drain down to fit the service valves. Might as well just drain down and paint your wall.

Alternatively while you have drained down change the tails to Hep then next time its easy to move the rad valve aside and stick on a temporary lockshield valve.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Well for a start you need to search for "valves" rather than "values" or "vales"... ;-)

Why, though? If you turn off the control and lockshield valves completely, you can just undo and remove the radiator for painting (subject to draining tha radiator of course).

Screwfix stock (or at least did) a replacement radiator tail incorporating a service valve - very neat and allegedly let you undo a radiator and remove it while still full of water. I bought a set once as a try-out, and they leaked! and I had to drain down again to replace the originals. So never again!

David

Reply to
Lobster