we are thinking of residing our garage with vinyl, we just put on new facia and sofit can we work around the new or do we need to replace it

No further details provided

Reply to
Anonymous

The new stuff you did is good and won't be in the way at all. The below all use J-channel to frame each wall, window and other penetrations and edges. Therefore, you can go tight up to whatever surrounds the siding.

- Vinyl - garbage. Needs heavy cleaning every 5-years, doesn't renew well nor for long with paint.

- Aluminum - very good. No cleaning for 40 to 60-years in most cases, renews very well with paint.

- Steel - best. No cleaning for 40 to 60-years in most cases, renews very well with paint.

- FYI, I got the Vinyl Mistake 7-years ago. I just spent Painting-Efforts to clean the stuff back to new, which was just as ugly 2-years ago but I procrastinated as long as I could. I only have lawn on 3-sides with a short-row of low bushes out front with Sun hitting all sides. And still, that vinyl crap is a dirt and mold magnet, no type of rain washes it. Yes, I hosed (not pressure-washed) it annually for no need and no benefit, so I won't be doing that wasteful silliness anymore.

Reply to
Anonymous