new furance but when its cold out the thermostat goes down even though we have it set on 70

No further details provided

Reply to
Anonymous

We need more deatils. What type of fuel, Gas or oil, Nat gas, LP gas, How far doesthe room temperature drop below the thermostat set point? Where is the thermostat located? Where is the return air grill located in relation to the thermostat? Is  the air coming out of the supply grills hot? Are the grills in the floor, wall or ceiling? Is the furnace and duct systems in a conditioned space?  What type of system did you have before and the approx. age? Did a qualified HVAC contractor change the unit? Did they do a heat loss/gain calucation on your house before replacing the unit? Sound like you may be undersized or have some duct issues.

Reply to
stanhvac1

It is electric.  the themperature drops from 70 to 65 or lower.  The thermpstate is located in the hallway and the cold air reutrn is about 3 ft. away from the thermastate.  All the vents are in the floor.  Our duct work is under the house, crawl space and the furnance sits under the stairs in a closet.  This is the only system ever installed in the home and it has not worked correctly yet.  It was a friend whos brother worked for a company who got the furnance at a discount.  It is a goodman.

Reply to
facebook-1218620734

Anette, I am sorry you are having this problem. Goodman is a quality unit. I have a goodman heat pump I installed in my home 12 years ago and have had no problems with it. I think from what you are saying, that no one preformed a heat gain/loss on your home before installing the unit.

  1. It is possible that all of the heat is not working in it.
  2. The unit may be undersized.
  3. your duct system may not be sized correctly and or not properly insulated. You really need to have a qualified HVAC contractor check it out and advise you of the problem. It shouldn't take them but approx. an hour to go over the entire system. Please let me know if you need any other information and also let me know the outcome if you choose to have it checked. Again, I am sorry I can not assist you with a reasonable solution. What area of the country are you located in, if you don't mind my asking?
Reply to
stanhvac1

Southern Ohio

Reply to
facebook-1218620734

Thanks, I'm in Virginia so it's a bit to far for me to come and take a look at.

Reply to
stanhvac1