how do you remove the aerator on model 67090-6001 faucet

No further details provided

Reply to
Anonymous
Re: how do you remove the aerator on model 67090-6001 faucet open original image
Re: how do you remove the aerator on model 67090-6001 faucet open original image
Re: how do you remove the aerator on model 67090-6001 faucet open original image
Re: how do you remove the aerator on model 67090-6001 faucet open original image

Glacier Bay 4 in. 2-Handle Low-Arc Bathroom Faucet? I'd take a look on my next trip there but it appears that Home Depot had discontinued these and the pictures I have don' show with any clarity if there are two notches on the opposing sides of the aerator's face. If there are any, you would need to use a small adjustable wrench and set it to the width between the notches.

But if it's just a straight round barrel as many of them are, a small strap wrench (picture below) may work. And perhaps the most universal tool of all - tongue-and-groove pliers (Channellock being the most famous brand of those) will make the job done, most especially the rounded Channellock's parrot nose (AKA NUTBUSTER®)  ones, picture attached below. If you end up using the pliers, I would recommend either wrapping a few turns of masking tape around the aerator or wrapping the aerator in one of those open-everything silicon gripping pads to prevent marring the chrome finish and prevent slippage so you don't have to grip too hard and squish the aerator's body.

Before you unscrew the aerator, be sure to close the drain - you wouldn't want to lose small parts when you open it. Another detail worth mentioning, you will be looking at the threads upside down, so to unscrew the aerator, you have to turn it counter clockwise as if you're looking at its face which to you, standing above the sink, would be clockwise. It does sound self-evident, but just in case ...

Reply to
homeowners