Latest threads in Roofshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how do i ID my roof shingle, only mark is do not remove Y12 on plastic strip
I have a architectural shingle with a very strong shadow line about 1.5 " wide and the only other marking is on the plastic strip on the back side ( do not remove Y12 ) It's not Elk, Tamko, GAF, or...
3
3

Where do you find 8 inch round soffit vents for a house from the 70's?
We have 28 vents and need to replace them. Thanks for any assistance you can give. Sally

im needing a new roof im not sure to go back with shingle or metal my roof
if i go back to shingle can i put a barrier shield
1
1

I had ridge vents added,but left the fixed vents near the ridge. Will this work
I put on a new shingled roof. I already had fixed vents up near the ridge, I put them back in. I also added ridge vents. I do have soffit vents too. I was told by another roofer that the ridge vent...
1
1

Getting a roof replaced under Insurance (hail damage)
I called in a claim a couple of weeks ago, have a roofing company already chosen that helped to tell me what to expect etc..well i already had like 7 quotes from local roofers and when i got the...
5
5

crc roofing shingles
I am replacing my roof and some of the packages say IKO and others say CRC. I was told they were made in the same plant. The shingles look the same in all aspects. I can't find any info on CRC. Does...

Is 11' x 4" X 4" enough to support a 14' x 20' 1/4" slope per foot self standing roof tied to existing deck? Using 2" X 8" and 1/2" plywood
No further details provided

glue for concrete tile on roof that has broken
i have a broken concrete tile on my roof - how do i glue it back together and with what

the sealcoat I used last summer is still tacky and has leaves stuck to it, what to do?
I have a flat roof on my garage and when I seal coated it took a long time to dry and is still tacky months later. There are leaves stuck to it and I really cant afford to replace it right now. Any...
1
1

The roof failed on one iof these 10x 20 car cover tents, can I get areplecement cover?
I just want a replacement cover

How do I insulate an angled roof(i.e. the rafters)to an enclosed side porch with eaves but no ridge vent.
No further details provided
1
1

how can I get the manufacturer of my roof shingles
I have no documentation of the shingles we had installed when we build our home in 1999. The shingles are falling apart, cracking, etc. and the manufacturer we believe made them is saying they aren't...
2
2

Estimate cost of converting flat roof to slope roof
What would be the cost of converting a flat roof to a slope roof on a 1,676 sqft home?
1
1

would bringing in more outside air into attic in a rainy climate cause more or less condensation?
There are water droplets on protruding roofing nails in crawlspace. In a wet climate such as portland oregon, it seems like bringing in more outside air would make the attick even damper. Is this...
1
1

Replace old Bird Stop on a Pre-Engineered Metal Building
We have purchased a pre-engineered metal building and the bird stop has dry rotted and needs replaced. What materials and installation methods do you recommend?
1
1