tankless hot water heaters

first time to this newsgroup so I'm not sure if this question was asked or not. What do you think of the tankless hot water heater for homes? worth it? efficient?

Thanks

Reply to
bones

Pieces of junk. I wouldn't put one in my house on a bet. I have one in a restaurant right now that my company plumbed and I refused to purchase for the owner because I refuse to warranty them. Between thermal stacking and a non-functioning hot water return system and equipment failures we will be installing the gas fired 100 gallon water heater I recommended to begin with so the restaurant can pass health department inspections and remain open for business.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

I've been researching residential units and have come up with some pretty solid units that have been recommended. Takagi, Rinnai and the High end Bosh

Take a look at alt.home.repair there are a few threads there that talk about them.

the Higher end units are much more efficient, which make it worth the money you pay for them in the long run. Something to Run a few showers at the same time will run you at least $1000

I'm leading towards the Takagi T-K2 for My Applications.

Scott first time to this newsgroup so I'm not sure if this question was asked or

Reply to
Scott Townsend