Need strange fitting adapter. 1/4 comp to 3/8 comp

Need a fitting to screw onto the bottom of a fancy European fawcett that is

1/4" compression thread. It needs to screw onto the male thread of the fawcett and into the female thread of a 3/8 compression flex hose.

Alternately, a flex hose that has 1/4" comp fitting on one end and 3/8" on the other would work, but I can't find either item. Nor can my local plumbing supply company.

Trying to aviod having to replace the compression valves with 1/4" versions, from the current 3/8" units.

Anyone have a source for either of the above?

Thanks

Brett Anderson

Reply to
Brett Anderson

Use a 3/8 x 1/4 compression union. Come out of the 3/8 stop with 3/8 copper, then the union, then out with 1/4 copper to the faucet.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

"Brett Anderson"

Do what Mark said. I wondered why this didn't occur to you already, except that you said 3/8" compression "hose." If you meant that you have plastic or stainless steel supply tubes, then they'll have to be replaced with soft copper or PB.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Thanks for the reply.

Don't want to use copper because of location. Faucet is above heavily used cabinet, don't want to run risk of solid line being "worked loose" by movement of items in cabinet. Flex hose is a better risk.

Problem solved by using 1/4 to 3/8 compression adapter with 1" piece of copper off bottom of faucet. 3/8 flex hose connected to adapater from valve, all is good.

Basically, went with Mark's suggestion, just modified it to suit.

Thanks for the ideas.

Brett Anderson

Reply to
Brett Anderson

He said both sizes were compression. Just screw the nuts off and set the ferrules aside.

I think Johnstone has that size compression reducer. Give me a yell (off group) if you can't get one. Sounds like you couldn't, ---/O-O ?

(Chris slaps self in head)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon