electrolysis

So you dont recommend the Braided Stainless on water heaters? These are the ones that are in the water heater section. You prefer the copper looking flex?

Oh, this is for an outside application too. The heater is a Takagi outdoor unit.

Reply to
Scott Townsend

That changes things.... I would go ahead and use the stainless outside but I would ensure that both ends are connected to brass nipples and no copper male adapters. (good luck with your tankless experience btw)

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Thanks for the input. We did go without the nipples. We'll add them.

So I take it you not a fan of Tankless, or outdoor tankless or?

Reply to
Scott Townsend

So far...in 30 years of plumbing...I've never seen one perform (even the so called 'state of the art' models) anywhere near the standards of a typical tank type system with a pumped return. Note: I am talking here specifically about 'performance'. Performance in this case = all the hot water a typical home needs. When one starts introducing other factors such as 'efficiency's or 'operating costs' or 'purchase costs' or 'whatever' then you start down a path where you begin a series of trade offs until you arrive to your conclusion. Depending on the individual making the trade offs the conclusions will vary. But my statement about sheer performance for a typical home is not arguable. That said, there are certain situations where when all things are considered the best choice could be a tankless. I am also amused that 20 years ago the industry liked referring to itself as 'instantaneous' - in recent years when that was proved to be a lie they have shown a preference for the new name. In any event, I meant what I wrote - I wish you the best in your tankless experience.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley