coupler.. copper and Flexible

Hi,

I need to change a bathroom tap I decided to do it by myself :-)

I am fairly new in plumbing. I try to find some possible couplers for copper and Flexible... Is that easy to find ? Is there a specific name for that ? (I was told that I would just need to cut the copper pipe and put this coupler.....

To change it, I just need to know the distance of the hole on the bathroom ? AFAIK, there is no standard......

Thanks for your help and sorry to be so beginner, but we need to start one day :-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Congrats on being brave to try new things. Your message is confusing, though. Yes there are adapters to go from copper to a variety of materials. I have no idea what you mean by "distance of the hole on the bathroom ? AFAIK," I assume "tap" is British for "faucet." I highly recommend you get a little help from someone who's done this before, but if you must try it alone the best thing to do is take a small piece of the copper to the hardware store. They should be able to show you what you need. Just remember to shut the water off before cutting the pipe.

Reply to
ironmike