Copper to PVC leaks

I have a half inch cold water copper line connected to a half inch PVC pipe with the threaded (male) pvc adapter...about after a couple of months it will start to drip. I use white teflon tape but it seems to over time loosen in some way...As you know you can only snug these fittings so tight without cracking the PVC.....but I repair it, and its damn hard to get to too..and about 2 months later the wood around it shows me its dripping...I have fixed it 3 times so far and today I am repairing again..I am almost at a point of teearing out all the PVC in that line and doing straight copper.

Any suggestions..BTW: I jsut had another copper to PVC with the same issue but it was simple to get to and repair...

Reply to
Dear Elliot

Elliot,

There are transition fittings that are made from brass, so that you can screw brass threads into the copper adapter and then glue the CPVC into the other end. Maybe it'd be a good idea to run the copper at least far enough where the new connection will be in a more available place.

Reply to
ironmike