Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SUMP PUMP
We bought a house thats about 10 years old a few months ago. I have a sump pump in my basement. Its on an AC/DC system with a battery back up. The pump has been running non-stop for the past few days....
2
2

OIL TANKS
I LIVE IN HOLBROOK NEW YORK AND I WANTED TO KNOW THE DISTANCE AN OIL TANK HAS TO BE FROM A FURNACE. I AM HAVING A TANK ABANDONED IN THE GROUND AND I HAVE TO PUT A NEW ABOVE GROUND TANK IN, ALL MY...
2
2

Best way to submetering each tenant unit ?
What is the best way to install supply water "sub metering" for each tenant unit in a mix-used building that has 8 small apartments in it? The City only has one meter for the entire building. Each...
1
1

electrolysis
OK yoy experts (especially Bob W. if he's still alive), My foreman griped today about copper lines touching metal studs and cast iron drains. He said it'd cause electrolysis. While I think it's a...
23
23

Clothes Washer Shut-Off Valve
I had a single lever, clothes washer shut-off valve, replaced after it began leaking. It was eleven years old. During this period my wife had always turned it on before washing and off after she was...
4
4

Copper or PVC?
Thanks, in advance, for your comments and input regarding my question. That said, I'm considering going with PVC pipe throughout our next house that we will build but I've not had much experience,...
1
1

Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?
Yes, I'm a dumbass. This has become quite apparent, so there's no need to remind me. Long story short, I dropped a 10" screwdriver tip-first down an open 2nd floor toilet drain pipe, and it is now...
32
32

Need new water main - have a few questions
A fairly big local plumbing company is in the middle of replacing my sewer laterals. It's almost done - the pits of the trenchless replacement are open waiting for the city inspector before they...
17
17

Gas fire thermocouple
The thermocouple on my gas fire has stopped working. The pipe has fractured where it joins the thermocouple and the gas fire won't stay lit after igniting. I see there's plenty of 'universal'...
3
3

Tankless Hot Water Heaters
My plans are to specify a (Gas) Tankless Hot Water Heater in our new home for my wife and myself. I'm thinking about actualy including two of them, one for bathrooms and one for Kitchen and Laundry...
33
33

How to identify hot & cold stub outs??
I had a plumber do some water line rough-in a few years ago. Now I want to connect a sink. Anyway - I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the hot and which is the cold. One has a square cap -...
3
3

????Easy Repair????
Recently a plumber came and stopped my bath-tub faucet from leaking. So far so good. The next time I took a shower I noticed that it was easier to turn the cold water knob than the hot water knob. The...
8
8

Can't remove Faucet filter/cap !
Hi Friends ! I recently installed Brita water filter in my faucet in the Kitchen. I had to buy the faucet cap adapter and fix it in my faucet to install the brita water filter. Now after a month or...

Pyrolox vs. Birm media for iron removal
anyone have any experience or insight on the relative performance of these 2 media for removal of clear-water iron? thx, w
1
1

Basins' outlets *sealed* onto P-trap ?
Previously the wash-basins here, discharged into the stainless-steel urinals. Importantly the urinals were 'open' ie they discharged into a P trap. Now they are replacing the old urinals with ceramics...