Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Q re Turning off valve to toilet
To turn off the water JUST to the toilet, do I just turn the valve to the right until it stops? Does the water in the toilet have to be emptied first? If so, how do I do that? If it's not that simple,...
5
5

Plumbing web sites
Hi Just started NVQ 2 in plumbing anyone noe any good sites i could find info from Thanks Marc
3
3

Re: Bath tap does not work without another tap running
You didn't mention what brand or model of bath faucet you have, but I'm guessing it's a pressure balanced single handle, try changing the cartridge, or removing the pressure balancing spool if it's a...
3
3

rough-in plumbing in concrete floor
Hi, I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate newsgroup to post this question, but I would appreciate any pointers or suggestions. We are redoing the floor of an old stone building that never had...
1
1

Pressure problem
I have a water pressure problem with my home. The pressure is too low. A sprinkler I just bought rated to go 20-80 feet goes 5-30 feet. Fawcets are also low. I have a bell shaped pressure regulator on...
2
2

Boiler problem
Can anyone please help me??? I have a ferolli 77 cobi boiler and the pilot is on but when the heating or hot water is turned on the internal fan starts up but the burner doesnt ignite. Can anyone tell...
2
2

Gas meter size
Hi, I'm trying to find a little information on gas meters. I called my local gas co. and was told someone would call me back, so far no call-back. I am going to buy a natural gas powered back-up...
1
1

1/2' stop and waste valve, 50 piece, brand: Jame Co

Scheduling service calls software
What software have you found to be the best or most efficient at schedueling appointments with customers? I'm in the plumbing & hvac business and right now, we've always done it with "paper and...
1
1

oil burning steam boiler
I am looking at buying a house with a oil burning steam boiler. We like the house but have concerns about the age of the boiler. It looks original to the house (1957) and wonder what would be the...
1
1

Reason for leaky pressure relief valves on water heaters
Hi. I just moved into an older house that has two water heaters (one connected to upstairs plumbing and the other connected to downstairs plumbing). The water heaters appear to be less than 10 years...
1
1

Nail covers..
Idiot blanks, whatever you call them, the things you nail on to protect a pipe from Aunt Bertha driving her picture frame into copper water lines.. The question is, can they touch the copper pipe? We...
1
1

Re: Bathtub Size??
On 07/06/03 "Ski Dog" snipped-for-privacy@snow.flies writes in part: Notch the studs....54" and 60" are your ONLY choices. And if you want the best KnockDown (one you assemble in the room) get the...
3
3

Conventional Central Heating System
Dear All Can any of you out there post or email a diagram showing a conventional central heating system. That is one without a combination boiler, but one with boiler, hotwater tank etc. Thanks
1
1

Re: water pressure tank in rural area
I guess considering the serious problems we can all have, low water pressure doesn't rate on the charts. I'm getting used to it, but when I go to my mother's house- her town water pressure, coming off...
1
1