Re: JM

what now?

Reply to
HotH2O4U2

"pmartin"

It's too bad you weren't here when I wrote to the guy wanting to know about the plumbing trade. I used you as a reference!!

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Oh, not much....but if running water needs to know ANYTHING on Ships Plumping, I'm the dude to ask. A for instance is, a Valve ( stop c*ck)which was intended for Ciy waters as say a way to supplement fire fighting can be defective. ( I went over this with Hot on antifreeze for driveways.) So, a high pressure pump can force polluted water into a Fire Hydrant and Pollutes all the water in a City water System. [ Potable waters Stop Cock also needs to be shut off and tested or you get the shitz or some nasty thing like maybe Worms growing in you. If lucky you get to puke at a table with Japs eating.]

So, it Ok to drink water on board, but stay away from any drinking water in a Jamacian Port. Yeah, that inculdes the ice cubes unless its high in alcohol content. See, ask the Engineer how it goes. Fire water comes from the Port water. How did they solve the problem heh....a Check Valve...I should trust a CV ? That high pressure comming from Port water is too slow, so they also tie into a Hydrant.[ real smart ]

Recall all those people getting sick as a dead dog on Cruise Ships ? Bet a buck three eighty nine and a half cent they NEVER checked that. In fact after reading this Brilliant writing, stick to bottled water on board....

It a Plumping case study and a true one.. It went on for two weeks before they figured this out ?

Reply to
pmartin

yea,,?? well this ship had its own treatment facility,,and somehow i take it,, turned seawater to potable water,, i never drank the water.. but it seemd fine to me..actually beter than our local water..

what did that turn out to be?? how did the water get contaminated??

Reply to
running water