Re: Plumbing question

Can someone offer an explanation for this problem?

> > The hot tap over my bath does not work unless I first run the tap over the > vanity nearby. It will run normally almost as soon as the vanity tap is > turned on. The vanity tap need not be left running. Once the bath tap has > started working it works fine until next time I need it. > > I am in Australia. I have a gravity fed hot water system in my roof. The > pipe runs directly to the bathroom from the HWS. Both bath and vanity are on > the same line of piping. Each has a separate hot and cold tap. > > Is there an easy solution? > > Any help will be appreciated. > > >
Reply to
Sam Kekavitch

"Sam Kekavitch" wrote: To discuss, reply in: alt.building.construction

I thought so, it's the demand control valve. Maintains the level in your "resevoir" The resevoir and everything below it is your gravity fed system. (And the most likely cause of "weird effects". I was concerned you might have had an open heat exchange set up.. (Trickle down the roof to a trough.

To estimate the total pressure available in your system, measure the height from min/max resevoir, to the two outlets in question (vanity, and bath)

32ft = 14.7 psi or abvout 5 psi for every 10 feet of height above the exit point.

Good enough. The bath is upstream to the vanity. So the effects are due to height - Not much pressure so inches count.. The vanity must be suffiently lower to allow the flow to start, On a marginal set up like this, the time it takes the flow to be established counts too. What you call "normal" would likely have others call a plumber. :)

Might provide a chuckle, but not likely. You're going to figure it out, not me.

----- My favorite quote ----- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Reply to
mchiper

Reply to
Sam Kekavitch

I'm no plumber but it sounds like you have some sort of airlock problem. You might try another group even a physics one (if you have the photos so they can quibble about the difference in metric to imperial units and any other childish thing they can come up with) at:

Michael McNeil

"Michael McNeil"

Guffawww!!!! Perhaps, if quantum mechanics are real, there's a parallel existence where this timeline is being played out, but not in this universe. (I just love Star Trek!)

Reply to
Mike Grooms

actually about

Try pdaxs.services.plumbing. They've helped me out.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

hey ken...for 5 bucks....what's the name of this newsgroup?

Reply to
HotH2O4U2