Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Well, 2 Tanks and 2 Houses, how to connect it all together?
I've come up with a quick drawing of one of the I'm sure many ways to connect up our well to our two poly storage tanks and our 2 houses. everything in the drawing would be in the Pump house. The well...
13 years ago 10

venturi injectors for chlorine?
has anyone tried using a venturi/suction injector for chlorination? i've seen some injectors made by mazzei that look interesting, but they require a pressure differential to get the venturi suction...
13 years ago

SUMP PUMP
We bought a house thats about 10 years old a few months ago. I have a sump pump in my basement. Its on an AC/DC system with a battery back up. The pump has been running non-stop for the past few days....
13 years ago 2

OIL TANKS
I LIVE IN HOLBROOK NEW YORK AND I WANTED TO KNOW THE DISTANCE AN OIL TANK HAS TO BE FROM A FURNACE. I AM HAVING A TANK ABANDONED IN THE GROUND AND I HAVE TO PUT A NEW ABOVE GROUND TANK IN, ALL MY...
13 years ago 2

Best way to submetering each tenant unit ?
What is the best way to install supply water "sub metering" for each tenant unit in a mix-used building that has 8 small apartments in it? The City only has one meter for the entire building. Each...
13 years ago 1

electrolysis
OK yoy experts (especially Bob W. if he's still alive), My foreman griped today about copper lines touching metal studs and cast iron drains. He said it'd cause electrolysis. While I think it's a...
13 years ago 23

Clothes Washer Shut-Off Valve
I had a single lever, clothes washer shut-off valve, replaced after it began leaking. It was eleven years old. During this period my wife had always turned it on before washing and off after she was...
13 years ago 4

Copper or PVC?
Thanks, in advance, for your comments and input regarding my question. That said, I'm considering going with PVC pipe throughout our next house that we will build but I've not had much experience,...
13 years ago 1

Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?
Yes, I'm a dumbass. This has become quite apparent, so there's no need to remind me. Long story short, I dropped a 10" screwdriver tip-first down an open 2nd floor toilet drain pipe, and it is now...
13 years ago 32

Need new water main - have a few questions
A fairly big local plumbing company is in the middle of replacing my sewer laterals. It's almost done - the pits of the trenchless replacement are open waiting for the city inspector before they...
13 years ago 17

Gas fire thermocouple
The thermocouple on my gas fire has stopped working. The pipe has fractured where it joins the thermocouple and the gas fire won't stay lit after igniting. I see there's plenty of 'universal'...
13 years ago 3

Tankless Hot Water Heaters
My plans are to specify a (Gas) Tankless Hot Water Heater in our new home for my wife and myself. I'm thinking about actualy including two of them, one for bathrooms and one for Kitchen and Laundry...
13 years ago 33

How to identify hot & cold stub outs??
I had a plumber do some water line rough-in a few years ago. Now I want to connect a sink. Anyway - I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the hot and which is the cold. One has a square cap -...
13 years ago 2

????Easy Repair????
Recently a plumber came and stopped my bath-tub faucet from leaking. So far so good. The next time I took a shower I noticed that it was easier to turn the cold water knob than the hot water knob. The...
13 years ago 8

Can't remove Faucet filter/cap !
Hi Friends ! I recently installed Brita water filter in my faucet in the Kitchen. I had to buy the faucet cap adapter and fix it in my faucet to install the brita water filter. Now after a month or...
13 years ago