Smell from Washbasic

Moved into a new rented apartment. There was one porcelain washbasin in a strange position, so we decided that we won't use it at all. But every 2 days, it's starts smelling - So I have to run water on it & clean the basin with some strong soap till the smell goes aways. And it again starts smelling again.

Again have any idea as to what can be the problem & how to fix it.

Reply to
Axa

Two thoughts. One is that there's no trap on this basin. If you know how to look, make sure there's a "gooseneck" looking thingy on the drain pipe.

Secondly, I've rarely found in the past that something foul smelling can be hiding underneath the sink basket, lodged in the vertical tailpiece. Maybe you can look with a flashlight to see if there's something there. If there is, the tailpiece can be disconnected and cleaned.

Reply to
Mike Grooms